IGNORED

Atari joystick with Emulators

Pac Munchkin

Hey everyone I was thinking as I was playing some of the newest hacks I have downloaded, most people can not enjoy these game like the original Atari like I do.

I want to correct this problem for you now, would you like to use Atari joysticks with your computer, I can use mine with every emulator and even games on line!

Now for my secret I bought this thing called an I-Pac it plugs into the keyboard port the keyboard plugs into it, the top has screws for wires I bought a small project box and a 9 pin D male connector.

I soldered wires to every pin drilled a hole in my project box filed it out with a file until it was shaped pretty close to the size of the D connector, screwed this in place I drilled two holes in back for the keyboard in and out ports built into the I-Pac. I drilled 4 holes in the bottom and screwed the I-Pac in place tight all I needed to do was connect the wires to the connectors on the I-Pac chip easy those are screws so it was a snap to get them all.

The hardest part is soldering the pins in the D connector I screwed up 3 D connectors soldering pins together then melting the plastic trying to get them un soldered they are very close together.

Any way once you have it all together plug in your joystick plug in the key board and the I-Pac to the computer where the keyboard would normally plug in.

now all you need to do is bring up note pad press Ctrl Alt P this will bring up a menu, press the joystick up then press the up arrow on your keyboard, repeat this for all directions press fire button and press the space bar for Stella emulation if you use another press appropriate key. when you are done save and exit you are now ready.

Pressing up on the joystick is the same as pressing the up arrow on your keyboard.

here is the nine pin lay out

1 up 2 down 3 left 4 right 5 can be used as extra 6 fire 7 +5 volts 8 ground 9 extra button.

I have every one wired so when I want to use my four button arcade joystick I made all four buttons work. But also my old Tac 2 Suncom joystick with my Stella X emulator.

I have no schismatic this I just put together easy because it is right on the I-Pac which screws are for up down fire button one etc...

I hope you enjoy as much as I do, look it up you will be happy you did.

Wade

The I-PACs are definitely cool products. I've recommended them to a bunch of friends for MAME cabinet setups. Makes life a hell of a lot easier ;)

But for PC/2600/CX40 interaction - it's hard to beat the Stelladaptor :D

Wow even suport for paddles and driving controlers too, this is the best way to go for Stella! :D

Thanks Remo!

Wade

The I-PACs are definitely cool products. I've recommended them to a bunch of friends for MAME cabinet setups. Makes life a hell of a lot easier ;)

Sure do! They make for an excellent interface for other input devices too. I made an 2 Atari joystick input box which with it and it works great and then I found....

^^^

This. :) The Stelladaptor is awesome!

~telengard

Sure do! They make for an excellent interface for other input devices too. I made an 2 Atari joystick input box which with it and it works great and then I found....

^^^

This. :) The Stelladaptor is awesome!

~telengard

Yes you have me seriously considering buying a Stelladaptor, just the thought of using my paddles again after all these years is exciting, wow Kaboom the way it was meant to be played instead of using the mouse!!!

The only thing is I remember the last time I actually used them they were very jumpy and almost impossible to use. :( So I may need to by some potentiometers to fix them and I don't know much of that stuff.

Also Indy 500 driving controllers I never had would the paddles work as well?

Thanks again.

Wade

Oh wow i just thought on something I have track balls I have not been able to use for years would Stelladaptor even work with those, i found out on my I-PAC it doesn't work because I need the 5 volts of the original Atari pin lay out.