IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Mom's Freeway experience

RSS Bot

I showed my Mom Ms. Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 and she commented that she had a hard time moving her up. So then I plugged in Freeway, thinking that would be an easier game, and I was right. Not only that, but she likes the game! She used to play Tetris, Pipe Dream and Pac-Man on the NES. I still have those games, but she has a lot less free time now. She doesn't usually like things I like (Mystery Science Theater 3000, Monty Python's Flying Circus to name a few), but she likes Freeway. Her scores on the easiest setting were 15, 14 and 13. Not bad for a first-timer. Of course, she watched me get 21, although I usually get higher.

Speaking of Monty Python, here's a sketch that I thought was interesting. Notice the last word. Were they predicting Atari?

"Trading was crisp at the start of the day with some brisk business on the floor. Rubber hardened and string remained confident. Little bits of tin consolidated although biscuits sank after an early gain and stools remained anonymous. Armpits rallied well after a poor start. Nipples rose dramatically during the morning but had declined by afternoon while teeth clenched and buttocks remained firm. Small, dark, furry things increased severely on the floor; whilst rude jellies wobbled up and down, and bounced against rising thighs which had spread to all parts of the country by mid-afternoon. After lunch, naughty things dipped sharply forcing giblets upwards with the nicky nacky noo. Ting tang tong rankled dithely, little tipples pooped and poppy things went pong!"

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1665