IGNORED

Curt Vendel Launches Awesome Arcades

Albert

The reason I bring it up, is because early-on in 2007 they were going to temporarily close the store down and sell off their remaining stock of those particular models, hopefully bringing out some new revisions later that year. A little after this time was when Curt was starting to show some acute health problems involving his heart, eventually leading to requiring surgery. Given the nature of this strain both on his health as well as probably putting a drain on his resources, my fear is that they probably never had the chance to meet this part of their dream and might have had to close down production altogether. An understandable circumstance if so, but (forgive me) a heart-rending one, as it seemed to be something he loved doing. The site seems very dormant, now, possibly there as a support site for those who have purchased prior and (possibly) to create custom orders. Hopefully I'm wrong and things are doing well in this particular endeavor.

Curt does so much for the vintage gaming/computing community, I just thought I'd bump the thread, hoping he might get some deserved recognition and support in return.

:P

Yep that sounds like him. What is it like having a machine like that with so many games? Do you play a rotating variety or do you mainly stick to a dozen of your favorites, what gets played?

Much to my disappointment, not much gets played. The responsibilites of work and family life only allows maybe a few days a month to play. :(

When I do play, I usually stick to favorites. One of the reasons I bought the machine was becuase of the gun games. Cheyenne was a game I played over and over in my youth with a good friend of mine. It's not a game that you run across very often these days. When I saw that it was included, that made up my mind. Actually all the Exidy gun games are pretty darn fun. The gun works very well with the system. The many different controls available make playing the games a joy. The spinner is great with Tempest. The track ball work well with Centipede. I don't really play the 2600 games on the system however. Ive already got them in original form upstairs. :P