IGNORED

atari7800.com

nathanallan

Has anyone else seen this site? Is anyone in line to get one of their systems? A two year warranty sounds nice, and with a possible keyboard coming up from Curt it would totally make me want one.

www.atari7800.com

Do the 7800 controllers work on the FB2?

Nathan

Well I wouldn't expect to see the keyboard any time soon from what I've heard but you can use the 7800 controllers on the FB2 if that is any consolation.

Hey Nathan,

Atari7800.com belongs to me.

Unfortunately I have not been selling *anything* for over four years now. The site became entirely too time-consuming and I was not able to keep up with orders, dedicate enough time to properly maintain the website, or operate efficiently enough to keep costs as low as I would have like to. So several years ago I closed the store and transitioned the site to become 100% dedicated to history and support.

LOL however I made the mistake of leaving the old site mirror up for way too long and forgot the old store catalogue was still sitting there untouched from 2001. I was always partial to our second-gen site design from five years ago and never wanted to deconstruct it, even though the new site has been up for quite some time. Although, recently I finally got around to deleting most of the old catalogue pages as I still receive a lot of interest that I am unable to meet.

The current version of the site, both standard HTML and frames, does not have any access to the old store, and focuses entirely on history. I have been meaning to expand on the 7800 Museum but simply have not had the time. Much of the time I had originally budgeted to build out the rest of the website went instead to the creation of my other site, www.TurboGrafx-16.com which I am very proud of, although it left 7800.com a bit empty.

I’m always open to input. Anyone dedicated to the 7800 who is interested in helping me build on the site and add some new content is always welcome and appreciated. I always feel pretty bad that I leave the site sitting for so long without any major updates in terms of content.

There are some other things I have in the works for the website that will pop up over the next six months I'm sure. However I have no plans to open the store again.

PS - There are some recent "Atari Joe" updates if you go to his page. Joe was in poor health for a while and has not had much access to a computer. Although he now has a myspace account too.

Best Wishes,

Justin

I went back and looked after I mcgrail told me you weren't selling systems and saw that the store was closed. Atari history is important to be maintained, though. Curt's museum is very nice(best on the net), but yours focuses in on the topic of the 7800, which I can really appreciate. Speaking of Curt, he has a project on the back burner right now to release a keyboard for the 7800, posted about in another thread. I'm really looking forward to that!

Thanks for updating about the site here in the forums.

Nathan

Hey Nathan,

Atari7800.com belongs to me.

Unfortunately I have not been selling *anything* for over four years now. The site became entirely too time-consuming and I was not able to keep up with orders, dedicate enough time to properly maintain the website, or operate efficiently enough to keep costs as low as I would have like to. So several years ago I closed the store and transitioned the site to become 100% dedicated to history and support.

LOL however I made the mistake of leaving the old site mirror up for way too long and forgot the old store catalogue was still sitting there untouched from 2001. I was always partial to our second-gen site design from five years ago and never wanted to deconstruct it, even though the new site has been up for quite some time. Although, recently I finally got around to deleting most of the old catalogue pages as I still receive a lot of interest that I am unable to meet.

The current version of the site, both standard HTML and frames, does not have any access to the old store, and focuses entirely on history. I have been meaning to expand on the 7800 Museum but simply have not had the time. Much of the time I had originally budgeted to build out the rest of the website went instead to the creation of my other site, www.TurboGrafx-16.com which I am very proud of, although it left 7800.com a bit empty.

I’m always open to input. Anyone dedicated to the 7800 who is interested in helping me build on the site and add some new content is always welcome and appreciated. I always feel pretty bad that I leave the site sitting for so long without any major updates in terms of content.

There are some other things I have in the works for the website that will pop up over the next six months I'm sure. However I have no plans to open the store again.

PS - There are some recent "Atari Joe" updates if you go to his page. Joe was in poor health for a while and has not had much access to a computer. Although he now has a myspace account too.

Best Wishes,

Justin

Yeah I'm very excited about Curt's project as well. It was infact Curt's website that inspired me to build my own!

I plan to work with Curt and the AHS in promoting and supporting the 7800 keyboard if/when the time comes. Until then I've tried to keep hush about it as not to jump the gun on in-the-works projects. Something I've learned from experience.

I have a great number of historical items that generally relate to Atari & Chuck E Cheese. Not quite as much as Curt but I do have a VSX, prototype stuff, etc. however it was never of interest to me to built a museum to compete with Curt, but to accent it and focus on the 7800 along with Mitch's site.

I think the 7800 is one of the most underrated and overlooked systems in history, alongside the TurboGrafx. Maybe I just like rooting for the underdog but I always had a real passion for the 7800 ever since it was announced. Ive done my best to support the 7800 and its community the best I possibly could over the past 15 years.

I need to start doing a better job though : )