IGNORED

Hacking colors with Bit Hacker

Pac Munchkin

Hacking color for Bit Hacker.

Hacking color can take some time but it is worth it, I found all the colors in Fast food this way.

except for screen color that would be too hard to find this way.

look for patterns that repeat is it is a solid color sprite.

like this

As you can see all lines are the same this could be a color of a sprite.

Remember if it has multi colors like maybe the middle is different it might look something like this.

Wade

It's pretty amazing what can be done with simple bit-hacking, especially if you have decent source code/disassembly to act as a road map.

I know some day I may actually understand that map! LOL

You have quite a lot of experience over me I have a bunch of your hacks, maybe someday I'll be there. :cool:

Right now I can't my mind says letters and numbers are two different things, I have the book Compute's "Machine Languarge for beginners" but even reading it from the start it seems just over my head, everything i read makes more questions pop in my head until I am very confused.

With that said the conversion to binery table at the back from decimal, that is how i have come to understand binery but hex no way not yet at least. LOL

Wade

It's pretty amazing what can be done with simple bit-hacking, especially if you have decent source code/disassembly to act as a road map.

I know some day I may actually understand that map! LOL

You have quite a lot of experience over me I have a bunch of your hacks, maybe someday I'll be there. :cool:

Right now I can't my mind says letters and numbers are two different things, I have the book Compute's "Machine Language for Beginners" but even reading it from the start it seems just over my head, everything I read makes more questions pop in my head until I am very confused.

With that said the conversion to binary table at the back from decimal, that is how I have come to understand binary but hex no way not yet at least. LOL

Wade

An easier method is just to let Distella do a "default" disassembly beforehand to check if it can locate the color tables for you (IIRC, Fast Food isn't very complex). Then just look through the resulting text file for anything being read and then saved to color registers. The label names indicate the address in the binary where they are located. Saves a lot of hunting on your own.

The only thing I don't like about bit hacker is the numbers are very small and get cut off at the side so a B a E and an F all look the same, you need to find C or D and you know where E F or B come in.

I wish you could change the size of the numbers for one thing another thing that would be nice is the ability to load two ROMs for comparison, but you can load two Bit Hackers side by side it lets you do that.

Wade