IGNORED

My Dual Cabenit Project

VidGameKing

yesterday I was up until 3am too late fo me, but while I was up I was searching web pages for info on cabneit restoration. I came across this webpage that detailed info on the actual work of restoration, He stated that Cabenits with too much water dammage were not worthey or worth while to repair, So I poasted on my last topic this

"um, Guys the Cabenit has so much water dammage that to fix it up would mean that i would have to replace every outside wood surface, the control panel's frame is still wet! If I'm gonna go through the hassel of re-building somthing so ugly and big I might as well build my own. using my own specifications. I'll just gut this cabenit and put the guts into the other. One monitor works the other has a cracked PCB board thingy on the end. DOA. The game it self runs great so for $50 did I get a good deal for just the parts and not the cabenit?"

But now that I've had eight hours of sleep and time to think it over I've made the decision to either repair really well or Make a new cabneit using the design of the old one. It all depends on the ammount of work involved. If it is easier to make my own using the original specifications then that is what I'll do, but if it is really easy to just get new boards and put them on i'll do that instead.

Quick question, it looks like there is a thin layer of lamienit on the outside of the cabenit do I go out and buy sheets of this stuff when I'm done repairing it and iron them on? where would i find them? Lowes? Home Depot? Orchard Supply?

You know, I'm thinking, I dont really want a PC-2-Jamma cabenit, or a MAME cab. I think what I'll do is put two seperate games into one. like some sort of racing game, and some sort of shooting game. are those games with the special guns do those use jamma? or jamma+ or somthing unique? I'd like to have one of those!

You know, I'm thinking, I dont really want a PC-2-Jamma cabenit, or a MAME cab. I think what I'll do is put two seperate games into one. like some sort of racing game, and some sort of shooting game. are those games with the special guns do those use jamma? or jamma+ or somthing unique? I'd like to have one of those!

My suggestion is to do what I did -- get a nice standup cab with at least two player controls. There are hundreds of JAMMA Games that use these. Some JAMMA games use the guns or the racing controls, but due to the controllers being special, these cost a lot more to build and maintain (your average arcade steering wheel is about $125 by itself).