IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 10: Star Fire

Ze_ro

Important Note: This weeks competition is over. If you still wish to discuss this game and compare scores, feel free to do so, but no further scores will be added to the list.

It is a time of crisis for the Earth forces. Years of constant assault from the EXIDY coalition have left Earth almost totally defenseless.

Intergalactic intelligence has discovered a new threat, several Exidy freighters, protected by an armada of smaller vessels, have entered a friendly sector of space and are advancing on Earth itself, loaded with enough weaponry to completely annihilate the planet.

The peoples of Earth have but one remaining hope for victory.

Launching from a secret base in the remote mountains, one of the few remaining STAR-FIRE class attack vessels races to counter the coalition threat. It's firepower an equal match for the enemy but it's rookie pilot, while eager, is young and inexperienced...

NOTE: In case you don't already have this great game, you can purchase it from AtariAge for the low, low price of $25! Your purchase will help fund future homebrew games for the Atari.

Game Information

• Game Name: Star Fire
  • Released By: XYPE, 2003 (Manuel Polik)
  • Left Difficulty: B / Novice
  • Right Difficulty: This switch inverts the Y-axis on your controller. Choose whichever setting suits you best.
  • Game Mode: Default
  • Chosen By: Lord Helmet

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores is Thursday, July 6th at 1:30 AM (CST).

If you want to suggest a game for future weeks, please send me a private message and let me know! I will add your game to the list. One one game per person will be kept on the list, so you will not be able to suggest a game until your first game is played!

Anyone can play! Just post a score and I'll add you to the list! Please read the Rules & Information if you haven't already done so!

Current High Scores

1. 5201 (Rom Hunter) [+11]
  2. 4170 (keilbaca) [+10]
  3. 2685 (BrianC) [+9]
  4. 2520 (SpiceWare) [+8]
  5. 2478 (doctorclu) [+7]
  6. 2194 (LarcenTyler) [+6]
  7. 2162 (Lord Helmet) [+5]
  8. 1667 (Goochman) [+4]
  9. 1471 (phaxda) [+3]

Best Tips

• No one gave any tips!

Bounties and Challenges

• Elite Squadron - Score 3500 points or higher, and get 1 bonus point!
    • Rom Hunter, keilbaca [+1]

TwinGalaxies Top 3

(Difficulty B)
  1. 7538 (Christian L Keilback)
  2. 3574 (Troy Whelan)
  3. Only 2 entries!

Current Standings

1. Rom Hunter [98]
  2. keilbaca [70]
  3. SpiceWare [67]
  4. shawnb [61]
  5. vdub_bobby [53]
  6. BrianC [35]
  7. LarcenTyler [33]
  8. Jred [26]
  9. scogey [25]
  10. the 5th ghost [24]
  11. 128bytes [23]
  12. Random Terrain [15]
  13. Lord Thag [15]
  • Cybergoth [15]
  • Lord Helmet [14]
  • phaxda [14]
  • Malc74 [7]
  • Hiryu [7]
  • ResOGlas [6]
  • supercat [5]
  • doctorclu [5]
  • Christophero Sly [4]
  • Goochman [2]
  • Omegamatrix [1]
  • Dan Iacovelli [1]
Scoring Points in Star Fire
  • Unknown!

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have the manual, AtariAge has a typed copy of it available online. The manual doesn't provide any specific hints, but it's worth reading anyways.

--Ze_ro

Ok, I know we played this game before. Ah, who cares. I doubt I can get nearly as high of score as I have gotten before. Just not enough time in the day like I used to have.

Heheh... haven't played this since I earned my Star Fire patch! This should be fun. :D

Opening score... 1,866

(Just a quick game before work.)

Edited by doctorclu

SF4048.jpg

4048 :)

Oh good... I don't feel so bad about not having a screen pic of my latest score... 2478. :)

I bought this game towards the mid part of the contest they had. First 50 or so to reach a score of 3,500 got a Star Fire Elite patch. I just barely made that score. I bought it because I love the Activision patches that came out. Was a fun contest. I can't afford every game that comes along, but that seemed worth it.

Well, that's the end of this week's competition! Congratulations to everyone on their high scores, and I hope this thread inspired a few people to go out and support the homebrew community :) Join us again next week for more point-scorin' action!

--Zero