IGNORED

Improved Hot Munchkin and Hot Pac'em

Pac Munchkin

everyone I improved hot Munchkin and Hot Pac'em, maybe I'll do the same for Alien too.

I switched the byte at location 00B9

from X-XX-X-X normal to XXX-X-X The effect is darker color ghost that are not washed out like the original.

More solid colors.

I may do this for Alien too.

Enjoy, and still looking for the color registers, I'll find them.

Wade

Added Alien Black with the B9 change

Hot_Munchkin__Alien_Hack_wc_7_4_06_.bin

Hot_Pac__em__Alien_Hack_wc_7_4_06_.bin

Alien_Black.bin

All of the color register stuff is marked in the disassembly of Alien that I did a while back (also, the gfx layout is explained how the 2 tables relate...in addition to including a straightforward method of hacking them). Check out this thread for a copy:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79884

Feel free to use any additions that I did :)

All of the color register stuff is marked in the disassembly of Alien that I did a while back (also, the gfx layout is explained how the 2 tables relate...in addition to including a straightforward method of hacking them). Check out this thread for a copy:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79884

Feel free to use any additions that I did :)

WOW Nuky thank you so very much!

I thought I'll try reading source code one more time, again 90% I could not understand but when I got to thje color registers I understood them, you have them very clearly marked for Bit Hackers like myself.

I found out in source code it never list the first two zeros, and LF$ I just ignore it is what comes after that is the address so I found them and both Hot Pac'em and Hot Munchkin are really looking good with the new colors!

Hot Pac'em looks so good if it was in the old days Atari would have sued if they did for KC Munchkin you better believe they would have for this, it looks good!

But I am not putting the new ROMs in because they look so good and now I know where the bonus objects are and the colors for them you must have listed to I'll look, I am very much thinking of changing all the objects to fruits and vegetables.

So in stead of space ships you would be gobbling cherries, strawberry eggplants pumpkins tomato's what ever else I can think of.

I never made it far in real pac man so I am guessing but that sounds pretty good.

Thanks so much! :D

Wade

New updates for color, everything looks really nice thanks to Nukey! :D

I do have to say one thing though about the objects I was going to replace with fruits and vegetables.

The game is made so each object can only be 3 bits high by 8 wide!!!! :sad:

Well I'll see what I can do being so limited detail like I like may be very hard to come by for the bonus objects.

Since there is only one color for the bonus objects I was going to use Red have some cherries a strawberry, a raspberry, a apple, a tomato, a red bell pepper and Chile pepper.

All Red foods since that would be the one color choice I would make, I thought of green but then we get into peas and celery asparagus hard stuff to draw!

Here are my newest, I was not going to release these until the bonus objects were done but I may not be able to do much with that anyway.

Wade

Hot_Pac__em__Alien_Hack_wc_7_6_06_.bin

Hot_Munchkin__Alien_Hack_wc_7_6_06_.bin

New I am working on and have done, not up loaded yet.

cherries replace flame thrower and strawberries Saturn, it is getting there!

I'll upload it soon after more it done, but this is what I am working on so far.

Wade

I have the new update if Atari Age actually lets me upload it, man I wish they would update the server!

The bonuses in order

Cherries

Strawberry

Raspberry

Apple

Long Red Pepper

Short Chile Pepper

Enjoy, oh and I'll be doing the same for Hot Munchkin soon.

Wade

Hot_Pac__em__Alien_Hack_wc_7_9_06_.bin

New I am working on and have done, not up loaded yet.

cherries replace flame thrower and strawberries Saturn, it is getting there!

I'll upload it soon after more it done, but this is what I am working on so far.

Wade

I have the new update if Atari Age actually lets me upload it, man I wish they would update the server!

The bonuses in order

Cherries

Strawberry

Raspberry

Apple

Long Red Pepper

Short Chile Pepper

Enjoy, oh and I'll be doing the same for Hot Munchkin soon.

Wade

Hot Munchkin with same updates to bonuses.

Enjoy

Wade

Hot_Munchkin__Alien_Hack_wc_7_9_06_.bin

• 1 month later...