IGNORED

Professor Pac-Man

Atarinvader

• 1 month later...

I played Professor Pacman on one occasion way back in 1985. I was on a family vacation in California... the arcade was either in Disneyland (Anaheim) or a Six Flags type amusement park in San Jose. I can't remember which. Anyway, I never saw the game again after that.

The concept was basically timed observation games. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think one of the games was of the "pick the odd one out" variety... several similar pictures, but one was different in a minute way. I also want to say one of the games was a "Simon" type of game. The time limit to complete the game shortened as the game wore on.

I liked the game only because it featured Pacman, and that was during the time when I liked anything Pacman related. Yes, it is probably the rarest pacman game. As for Baby Pacman, one of them exists not too far from where I live, in Glen Burnie MD.

I acquired about 10 boards that I think go to at least 2 boardsets for this game in a recent warehouse cleaning at a local amusement company. Unfortunately I have yet to find someone that has a full manual that they will scan so I can see if I have a whole set. I'm missing the card cage also but I think I can get around that problem. I just don't want to risk frying my boards to test them without more information. If anyone has a lead on a manual scan or original, I'll gradly see if I have a complete boardset and see about getting it dumped. Possibly then it can be emulated in MAME.

AlanD

A more detailed link to the manual I mentioned above can be found at:

http://www.stormaster.com/Spies/arcade/man...als/ProfPac.pdf

However the pages I believe you need to look at are impossible to read. I got the above link via:

http://www.arcadeobsession.com/manuals.html

There you'll probably get the necessary contact info so you can hopefully get a better copy of the manual. Good luck!

I acquired about 10 boards that I think go to at least 2 boardsets for this game in a recent warehouse cleaning at a local amusement company.  Unfortunately I have yet to find someone that has a full manual that they will scan so I can see if I have a whole set.  I'm missing the card cage also but I think I can get around that problem.  I just don't want to risk frying my boards to test them without more information.  If anyone has a lead on a manual scan or original, I'll gradly see if I have a complete boardset and see about getting it dumped.  Possibly then it can be emulated in MAME.

AlanD

It looks like you need 6 boards.

cpu

screen ram

super game memory

game i/o

640k eprom

pattern mover

plus the seperate audio amp but you can get that anywhere

It doesn't look to fun to dump, 40 eproms on just that 1 board! I wouldn't be suprised if someone stole some/all of them for another game.

Dave

• 1 month later...