IGNORED

Planet Bob - Post World Cup Depression

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Phew... after 4 weeks non-stop soccer party, I now decided I need to find me some other things to do...

(...to fill the gap until the 2010 World Cup... :ponder: :lol: )

So, now it's time to catch up with things, tie some lose ends and plan the future :D

Let me see, what do we have:

I definitely must spend some hours playing Lady Bug, and I better quickly get my act together and finish Colony 7 in time for the Mini Game deadline.

I recently added one last bunch of eBay searches for the last couple of games I still want to add to my collection: star gunner, tapper, tunnel runner, turmoil, xenophobe. So in less than 365 days I will finally consider my "2600 essentials" collection done, with whatever I have until then :)

Now, with both Colony 7 and my collection being soon completed, I'm considering changing systems. Colony 7 might very well be my last 2600 game. I think after some 6 or 7 years, it's time to conquer some new territory and I really want to have a look at Coleco programming. (Being a secretly lurking reader of [colecoprogramming] for almost a year already ;) )

Regarding this, I'm pushing my Coleco collecting ambitions a bit now, in fact a few days ago I finally managed to set up the Coleco I already bought 2 years ago :) Unfortunately it's not in 100% working condition, showing some graphical glitches, that fortunately "get better" after a game is running for a while... :ponder:

(I already contacted Kroko regarding this and thank heavens he'll try to help me repairing it ;) )

I'll also soon complete a deal with Eduardo, securing me two more of his games, so I can feel a little more complete on Opcode Releases.

Hm... I should also play some more Tapper for the HSC I guess... :D

And considering a first Coleco project, I decided to do some more research, by playing some more Spectrum and Amstrad Ghosts'n'Goblins :lol:

Regarding blog articles, after I cancelled the Sensible Series, I'm now thinking about doing a series on "System 3", which seem to have some very promising titles in their line-up, Last Ninja above all, of course :)

Regarding the Project:Galway review I wanted to do: Well, some wise man said "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"... so I make it short: Try some Martin Galway SID tunes for yourself, then just buy it. Best money I spent on a CD in years :D

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1708