IGNORED

Pinball Breakaway

postamessage

Hmm... most of the PONG-era systems had the sound come right from the unit, so you might have a loose wire, It sounds stupid but I had that problem once, make sure everything is seated right, I had no sound cuz of one loose seat and one wire out of place. If you try all this and it still dosen't work, post back and we can try somethin else.

Just out of curiosoty, is it an Atari or Sears model? I've only seen the Atari one, its a nice system.. one more thing before I post, here is a link, about 3/4ths of the way down is some info on your machine, good reading

Atari PONG home systems

Wow, there's quite a bit of info there! Now I finally know where my Pong machine fits in Turns out it was the first Telegames one, and I still have the original box for it (Although it's pretty beat-up)

--Zero

I took this thing apart to see if I could fix the sound. Funny thing is I didn't see any lose wires or anything but when I put the thing back together the sound mysteriously began to work.

To answer your question, I have the sears model.

Also thanks for the link. Too bad the site has a lot of dead picture links.

• 1 month later...

the pong i found in the thirft, the ass*** original owner never took the bateries out. I throw away the OLD (like 50 years old) bateries, then i took the unit apart, wash it, let it dry, reconnect everything with a 6V universal power supply and BAM! I'm still amazed with the background colors though...

• 2 years later...