IGNORED

The angry nintendo nerd(funny, but has offensive language)

Peeps, James Rolfe is not AVGN. He plays AVGN, a role he made to showcase and make fun of awful video games...and peripherals...and systems.

He's toned down the swearing a lot in his later videos. It's still there, just not as much.

Also same for the drinking.

Really, go to gametrailers (where the latest videos are) and check out his videos for the 5200, the Sega CD, and the Sega 32X.

Also for the Ghostbusters and for the Spider Man games for many systems.

He's admitted that he plays better than he does in the videos. He only plays horribly just to show off how bad a bad game is if you can't play it well. If it's bad for people who are good at it...it's this much worse for the rest who play it!

...by the way, he's coming out with a DVD soon! Soon you can have AVGN in all his raging glory on your DVD player!

Edited by JimmydelaKopin

"Shredder's my dick and Splinter's my balls?" Oh yeah, that's hilarious. :roll:

Not to mention that seems to match up odd words with swear words... "Bull fuck"? "What a shitload of fuck"? Where did this guy learn to swear? "This game is a bunch of diarrhea coming out of my dick"? "It suckin' fucks"? If he's going to drop swear words all over the place, I would appreciate if he'd learn how to do it correctly (and has he ever heard of timing?)

I can appreciate people ripping on some of the more ludicrous parts of a game, but this guy... all of the bad things he says about TMNT in the last 30 seconds of his video can easily be used to describe how I felt about his review...

"Why can't the English learn how to speak?!" (*cough* how many people would recognize a My Fair Lady reference? Oh, yeah - I'm that cool... :cool: )

EDIT: After watching the review of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and watching him talk to the camera for a good 3 or 4 minutes, I really kind of want to punch the guy in the face. Twice.

AND YET ANOTHER EDIT: What he says about the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde game for the last 30 seconds really sums up the way I felt about the review as well - "would rather glue my asshole shut" yadda yadda mindless swearing yadda blah. It's like he read my bull-suck-fucking-cock-diarrhea-turd-burglar-assing mind! He's like a duck-shitting mind reader! Classic!

...needless to say, I will probably not be watching another one of his reviews as I wasn't terribly impressed with his performance. For those who enjoyed them, that's fine, it's just that I find that it really isn't my type of humor... (well... calling it humor might be a bit of a stretch...)

Edited by atariman

"Why can't the English learn how to speak?!" (*cough* how many people would recognize a My Fair Lady reference? Oh, yeah - I'm that cool... :cool: )

"And why can't women be more like men?" ;) :P

Oh, and I agree that at the right time, swearing can have just as much of a comedic effect. However, it needs to be balanced out against the shock factor of using a strong swear word. If your audience is getting a bad taste in their mouth from your language, they're not going to be laughing. :(

I have seen the future of angry video game reviewers, and it is UrinatingTree. He started out emulating the AVGN, but has since advanced to Half-Assed Theatre, which offers far more than mindless profanity. I still get chuckles from the Heroes of the Lance review, with its references to David Hasselhoff's fugly nephew and the city of Flint, Michigan.
I agree, Half-Assed Theater is great! They aren't reviews, though, but video game based comedy. PlayItBogart has his "Law and Order: Suck Ass Games Unit" reviews on youtube that are actual reviews, and funny as hell!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this guy is hilarious, he is the only reason I really go to ScrewAttack.com and is what made me realize the sight is okay. I don't watch any of the other people, but there was an audio log that i listened to about a bunch of shit today, really informing too, the lawsuit that a company is filing against Sony for Blu-Ray, I really hope that that goes through....kind of, just because then the PS3 will then be affordable. Okay, enough of me babbling on about Sony's lawsuit. Getting back on topic....

The cussing in it doesn't bother me at all, it adds a kind of "home touch" to it lol, as weird as that sounds, he yells and cusses just like I do, just I don't say the phrases he does, I could still picture myself sitting there cussing out the TV because of some damned game. That and I grew up with parents that every other word that came out of there mouth was cussing, literally.

I can't wait for the next video to come out, and I didn't know about the DVD, but I will no doubt get that, they should sell it at f.y.e., instead of just online. I really enjoy watching this guy, every video i really find myself busting out laughing at how truly bad these games are.

Some funny phrases.....

"Bimmy and Jimmy?" --Double Dragon 3(I think, I can't remember)

"Argh! I'm the Jaguar, and I'm 64-bit! *SNES replies* You ain't 64-bit, get the fuck outta here!" --Sums up the Jaguars success lol.

"I have Blast Processing! *SNES replies* Oh, and what's that? *GEN respones* I..It...It's Blast Processing!" --lol

Yeah, the Wii tribute was pretty good, I liked it alot, and I also very much enjoyed the system reviews, over the A5200, SCD, and 32x.

Just my opinion about this guy.

I have to agree with ewing. I just do not understand why you guys do not think he is funny? Maybe I am just immature, but some of his reviews make me laugh really hard. I think it might be because I can relate to what he's talking about. I have nmost of the games that he is doing reviews for, and I spent countless hours, if not days, trying to figuere out how to play those pieces of crap. I say pieces of crap with great affection. Anyway, I will agree that some of the reviews are lacking, but overall I think he does a really good job.