IGNORED

Looping & Pleiades on the real deal

Shawn

Hey All,

I have heard talk that looping 2600 is hard to get going on real hardware but I have also heard its not impossible, anyone got some better info or some idea's on how to make it run correctly? I don;t want to dive head first into trying to make a cart of it if its not gonna work.

Also did try to make myself a copy of Pleiades tonight cause I love the galaga type feel it has but all I got was the title screen and then on the actual game screen the first level pops up fine and the music plays and I see the firing of my guns but not my actual ship or the bad dudes show up on the screen!! I couldn't stand playing it more than a few munites but it does seem the shots are resistering as hitting the enemy ships but I was unable to (obviously) complete the first level to see if the other levels worked or not as I couldn't see my ship or the bad dudes. Is this another game that needs some certian way of making it to be able to get a functional cartridge going???

I want to get Pleiades working much more than looping as I REALLY enjoy pleiades and I HATE using an EMU so any help is greatly appricated.

Cheers,

Shawn Sr.

Hey All,

I have heard talk that looping 2600 is hard to get going on real hardware but I have also heard its not impossible, anyone got some better info or some idea's on how to make it run correctly? I don;t want to dive head first into trying to make a cart of it if its not gonna work.

Also did try to make myself a copy of Pleiades tonight cause I love the galaga type feel it has but all I got was the title screen and then on the actual game screen the first level pops up fine and the music plays and I see the firing of my guns but not my actual ship or the bad dudes show up on the screen!! I couldn't stand playing it more than a few munites but it does seem the shots are resistering as hitting the enemy ships but I was unable to (obviously) complete the first level to see if the other levels worked or not as I couldn't see my ship or the bad dudes. Is this another game that needs some certian way of making it to be able to get a functional cartridge going???

I want to get Pleiades working much more than looping as I REALLY enjoy pleiades and I HATE using an EMU so any help is greatly appricated.

Cheers,

Shawn Sr.

Pleiades uses UA-limited bankswitching. I converted it to standard bankswitching, but CPUWIZ asked me not to share it since Al paid a lot of money for the prototype and giving it out might mean fewer sales of Pleiades carts.

So I will not give it out unless you can secure permission from Al and CPUWIZ...

Hey All,

Cheers,

Shawn Sr.

Pleiades uses UA-limited bankswitching. I converted it to standard bankswitching, but CPUWIZ asked me not to share it since Al paid a lot of money for the prototype and giving it out might mean fewer sales of Pleiades carts.

So I will not give it out unless you can secure permission from Al and CPUWIZ...

Thats fine, I totally understand that rerasoning. Ididn't even know it was a game sold here at AA. But what about looping? Was what Iheard correct that its more less a total pain in the ass? I know coleco setups onsomeofthere games where quite weird correct?

EDIT: I gotta get a new keyboard my spacebar is cooked :x

Edited by Shawn Sr.

But what about looping? Was what Iheard correct that its more less a total pain in the ass? I know coleco setups onsomeofthere games where quite weird correct?

Looping is standard F8, but yes, some have reported problems. I don't know the cause, but apparently it works with some manufacturers' EPROMs but not with others. If you have a few different EPROMs lying around, it wouldn't hurt to try burning a few and see if you can get it to work.

Hey Shawn:

My dealings with Looping (finally got it to work) are on this thread

It seems to depend on the type of eprom used.

Bob

Thanks Bob I'll be sure to use AMD.

EDIT: I just tried a couple different chips and I found that Intel 27c64 chips work just fine also as well as intel 27c128 with the file buffed out.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

• 2 weeks later...