IGNORED

New vs old emulator

Pac Munchkin

I had been using Stella 1.4.1 all this time I decided to update to the newest version Stella 2.2 I think.

After I loaded the new version up, I immediately disliked the new front end! The old was way better but it gets worse when I actually played a game it makes it a tinny window that can not be maximized! My old 1.4.1 always plays full screen just like a TV.

I tried Z26 too because I saw many like that, same thing tinny screen and the worst part much slower running on my system, so was the newest Stella but Z26 was even more slow.

I believe I'll stick with my old Stella 1.4.1

Now I see why many people don't like emulators, who would like playing games on a tinny screen yuck!

If you have a new version find an old version you will like it much better. :thumbsup:

Wade

I had been using Stella 1.4.1 all this time I decided to update to the newest version Stella 2.2 I think.

After I loaded the new version up, I immediately disliked the new front end! The old was way better but it gets worse when I actually played a game it makes it a tinny window that can not be maximized! My old 1.4.1 always plays full screen just like a TV.

I tried Z26 too because I saw many like that, same thing tinny screen and the worst part much slower running on my system, so was the newest Stella but Z26 was even more slow.

Now I see why many people don't like emulators, who would like playing games on a tinny screen yuck!

If you have a new version find an old version you will like it much better. :thumbsup:

Wade

Umm, did you read the instructions? :ponder:

Mitch

Wade

Umm, did you read the instructions? :ponder:

Mitch

Thanks Mitch I actually did get Z26 running pretty well nice full screen with a choice to look like TV or not that is cool too. The colors seem off, like for my and Neo's Mad Max the desert color I chose looks a little green.

On Stella that is more of a desert color.

With the new Stella I can't get that to run anywhere close to as fast as old Stella.

but on the plus side I could see my munchkin hack of 8k Pac man one frame at a time in the death sequence!

So I fixed that a little at least.

It still is messed up I found Nukey programmed the death of Pac man to share the graphics for up this makes it impossible to change those 3 frames.

Also I was looking for the manual in a text note not html so it took me a bit to find as old Stella uses the text doc for a manual, nice html manual I like that at lest.

Wade

Doesn't the old Stella have pretty inaccurate sound though. The new one really really improved on that :)

I don't know I have StellaX 1.4.1

It seems correct on the sound, but then again I don't have it hooked up side by side with my old Atari on a TV either.

I am just going from memory, ahhh fond memories of my teen years the 80's I'd play Atari hours and hours I even have a whole bunch of patches I earned getting the highest scores you could get on Activision's games.

????????????????

Any remember that?

Wade

I remember I did that once with Demon Attack it just blanked out on meI remember I was excited saying YEAH I just beat the game it has no more I am too good for it it can't give me any more I beat it!!!!!! :-D

Also have a medal for Gorf too.

Wade

Edited by Pac Munchkin