IGNORED

Nukey some help please?

Pac Munchkin

Hello Nukey you may have noticed in my Cross system hacking post that I am cross system hacking KC Munchkin into 8K Pac Man.

I have hit a wall with the death sequence I can't quite figure out how you did that and the order, which sprites you used. I found some but the death is still a cross between Pac Man and KC Munchkin. Also I can not find the colors, I tried your disassembly you posted but that seems like you made a lot of changes to the finished version moved very many things around., so I could not use that. I tried Distella but since it is 8K it did not work.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thank you,

Wade

PS I know this is your hack 8K Pac Man so I really want to do you justice and make that as good as I can, maybe even with some help to get it really good.

Looks like I forgot to post the assembly last time (in "no dots around box"). The one before it has the assembly file included:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=44207

The only difference is that the last version posted has a few specific values saved to the dot pattern in ram (just using a few plain old LDA #/STA $ commands following the routine at label LFC0C).

The color tables exist at $DF08-$DF22 (NTSC)...with the PAL tables just after those. You'll find them in the assembly file by searching for the label ColorTbl. You can make your edits to the assembly file, and then assemble it again by using the Dasm command:

Dasm Pacman8k.asm -f3 -oBinary.bin (or whatever you want to name it).

The death animation table exists at label LFDFA.

BTW Distella can be used to disassemble binaries greater than 4k...but the file will have to be split into 4k segments first (and because bankswitching leads Distella's automatic code detection to fail, Distella will need help in disassembly via .cfg files).

Looks like I forgot to post the assembly last time (in "no dots around box"). The one before it has the assembly file included:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=44207

The only difference is that the last version posted has a few specific values saved to the dot pattern in ram (just using a few plain old LDA #/STA $ commands following the routine at label LFC0C).

The color tables exist at $DF08-$DF22 (NTSC)...with the PAL tables just after those. You'll find them in the assembly file by searching for the label ColorTbl. You can make your edits to the assembly file, and then assemble it again by using the Dasm command:

Dasm Pacman8k.asm -f3 -oBinary.bin (or whatever you want to name it).

The death animation table exists at label LFDFA.

BTW Distella can be used to disassemble binaries greater than 4k...but the file will have to be split into 4k segments first (and because bankswitching leads Distella's automatic code detection to fail, Distella will need help in disassembly via .cfg files).

Thanks so Much!!! :D

I am a little confused as I usually am with your technical knowledge but I now am much closer with your help.

Thanks Again.

Wade

Edited by Pac Munchkin