IGNORED

Adventure with Drangofire graphics.

Pac Munchkin

I am going to do this hack soon I'll change the block into the running man in dragonfire and I'll change the dragon into the dragonfire dragon. This should be a pretty quick hack really only two sprites to change.

Wade

PS some thoughts I just had, the running man may only be a single color because the original game had a single color block I am pretty sure on that, but I'll make the dragon green maybe the running man a tan color, maybe change the screen colors too?

Edited by Pac Munchkin

It's probaly a little more challenging than that, since the Adventure block is the 2600 system "ball", and not a standard player sprite with easily changeable graphics.

It may be possible to replace the ball with a player, but that would probably require modifications (at least) to the display kernel of the game, not to mention worsen the flicker that happens when more than two objects are onscreen at once.

(lookit me, talkin' like I know sumthin! :) )

It's probaly a little more challenging than that, since the Adventure block is the 2600 system "ball", and not a standard player sprite with easily changeable graphics.

It may be possible to replace the ball with a player, but that would probably require modifications (at least) to the display kernel of the game, not to mention worsen the flicker that happens when more than two objects are onscreen at once.

OH WOW I thought for such a simple game it should be an easy hack! :party:

I am really showing I am a beginner hacker here I guess! :lol:

What about the dragon is that a sprite? I know if I change it over to dragonfire dragon it will be vertical not sideways because of the orignal how it was designed.

Thanks Feralstorm for just saving me a lot of headachs wondering where on earth that block spirite is to change!!!!!!!! :lol:

Wade

OH WOW I thought for such a simple game it should be an easy hack! :party:

I am really showing I am a beginner hacker here I guess! :lol:

What about the dragon is that a sprite? I know if I change it over to dragonfire dragon it will be vertical not sideways because of the orignal how it was designed.

Thanks Feralstorm for just saving me a lot of headachs wondering where on earth that block spirite is to change!!!!!!!! :lol:

Wade

I just did this up quick the head is from dragonfire the body is based on dragonfire, as well as the tail, there wasn't a lot of room to work on getting it just like the dragonfire dragon but it is close.

Wade

Afrter I just uploaded this I had a better idea for dead dragon, instead of just twisting the head I will do the whole front of the body! that should be cool!

Ok switched rom this has the body twist.

Wade

Adventure_Black_dfd_wc_7_19_06.bin

Edited by Pac Munchkin

[ . . . ]

[ . . . ]

Wade

If you're using Stella, you can turn on and off the different display elements of a game using Alt+one of the bottom row of letter keys.

I'm likin' it.

Is the problem with the man in the game the inability to make him multicolor? Because if so you could always use the O2 man instead.

No the problem is the Block is not a sprite as Fearalstorm pointed out it is the VCS system ball so it can not be changed.

To tell you the truth I am much more used to the Commodore 64 Spirites and Character graphics that was it everything was changeable. But the Atari VCS has Spirites which I understand very well, but also a "Ball" or "Missiles" these are not sprites but built into the VCS they will always look like what they are there is no changing them.

Then there are player graphics too still not sure on those unless another word for sprites?

So ever though it is a very early game that seems it should be a snap to hack, it is not because it uses the ball graphic built into the VCS to represent the "man"

No wonder why better hackers than I never changed much in that game, it is pretty limited what can be changed.

So sorry to say that is it I can't change the block into a running man like I thought I could.

It is not to say impossible someone with programming skills could do it changing the programming of the game all around But I am just a graphics hacker.

Wade

PS I am glad you like my dragon, the head I did right from dragonfire I just turned every bit at a 90 degree angle, there wasn't much room for the body to be exact like I did for the head so I tried my best to make it look as much like the dragonfire body as I could.