IGNORED

Rev.C. Pic

It seems that the Rev.C board is different from Rev.B

post-7789-1153600613_thumb.jpg

Are you sure that is a Rev. C board? I seem to remember the Rev. C board being described differently. The board in your picture looks identical to a board from a flashback unit I bought at Target about a month ago.

It seems that the Rev.C board is different from Rev.B

post-7789-1153600613_thumb.jpg

Are you sure that is a Rev. C board? I seem to remember the Rev. C board being described differently. The board in your picture looks identical to a board from a flashback unit I bought at Target about a month ago.

Although it is the same shape, the layout of this board is clearly different than the Rev. B I bought from Target about 6 months ago. See pic to compare the two:

post-5792-1153608238_thumb.jpg

Now how about a pic of the other side?

Well I moded my "Rev.C." board and I was a little disappointed.

The Pitfall cart works but that's about it as far as I can see.

I tried to play Galaxian, Pacman Jr and Dig Dug but they all show the same problems as before.

I recall Curt saying something about that this was still the original run on the chips (in other words, the 'helpful' change made later in the process by someone outside the loop). The Rev. C was only a change on the PCB to make the cartridge mod easier.

Curt said:

We addressed the list of issues such as Cosmic Ark, Galaxians and some of the other Hmoves issues and several of the Activision games not being compatible due to the memory scheme.

I was hoping that the RevC would have fixed these issues but it appears that it has not.

It is much easier to perform the mod on this board though.

Edited by Kokovec

Can you tell us how it was easier? Fewer solder points? Easier to get to them? Thanks in advance. I'm not so hot with a soldering iron but if it's *very* easy this could be the mod for me.

From what I recall, it's that the connections are clustered together, and in a reasonable semblence of order, meaning that you don't have to go hunting for the pad in the middle of the sequence anymore.

Can you tell us how it was easier? Fewer solder points? Easier to get to them? Thanks in advance. I'm not so hot with a soldering iron but if it's *very* easy this could be the mod for me.

From what I recall, it's that the connections are clustered together, and in a reasonable semblence of order, meaning that you don't have to go hunting for the pad in the middle of the sequence anymore.

That and the fact that you don't have to snake the wires come out all together down the center of the board instead of scattered about.

You don't have to weave them around pushbuttons anymore.

post-7789-1153793032_thumb.jpg

post-7789-1153793051_thumb.jpg