IGNORED

Best Business software

If you could have all the money in the world, which business related software would you feel each Atari ST should have a copy of? For example, Calamus was the desktop publishing program of choice in the day. What would be some others, assuming that you could somehow still obtain them in working order?

This is a toughie... I had ST Writer.. Not bad, but it would have been nice if it used point-and-click instead of being like a dos based word processor. There was a good shareware spreadsheet program I had, but can't think of the name of it.

And, of course, Calamus hands down.

Yes I remember ST Writer. The guy who wrote it got permission from Atari to take the version from the Atari 8-Bit version and convert it to the Atari ST version. The project was freeware in the sense that he gave it away at no cost and only asked people to make him aware of any bugs that were found or to ask for suggestions for later versions.

I remember that the guy did such a good job of getting rid of bugs while adding more features that it became my Word processor of choice since I had to write exam papers and articles and I needed something that wouldn't bomb out at some point. It was bullet proof!

I wish I could say the same thing about MS Word.