IGNORED

3d ST games

I remember the first time I played Starglider.. You boot up and the music pipes in.

Sttaaaarrrr glider.. Bum pa ba bum. ba bum ba bum ba bum... From Rainbird...rainbird...rainbird...

Knocked my socks off.

I remember when I bought falcon. I wanted to load it and start playin without going through the rather hefty manula. Once I did go through the manual, I found it to be one of, and quite possibly still, the best combat sims available.

3-D games? You want 3-D?

Falcon, 3-D Construction Kit, Hard Drivin, Hard Drivin' 2, Race Drivin, Starglider 1 & 2 (both excellent games), Archipelagos, Midi Maze, Midwinter, Elite, FOFT, Driller, Dungeon Master, Chaos Strikes Back, Galaxy Force, RC AeroChopper, Universal Military Simulator, Star Raiders (very underated version), Crazy CArs (blecch!), Hang-On, Test Drive,Flight Simulator II..

I'm sure there's more. Do yourself a favor and get Archipelagos and Falcon and Starglider 2.

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

[QB]Falcon, 3-D Construction Kit, Hard Drivin, Hard Drivin' 2, Race Drivin, Starglider 1 & 2 (both excellent games), Archipelagos, Midi Maze, Midwinter, Elite, FOFT, Driller, Dungeon Master, Chaos Strikes Back, Galaxy Force, RC AeroChopper, Universal Military Simulator, Star Raiders (very underated version), Crazy CArs (blecch!), Hang-On, Test Drive,Flight Simulator II..[QB]

Oh yeah, we've been talking about MIDI Maze in another thread. Dungeon Master was fantastic, I wasted away many hours playing that. Didn't really get into Chaos Strikes Back (the sequel), although I do remember buying it. Elite I spent a lot of time playing. I spent time with several of the others you listed as well, including Archipelagos and Star Raiders. I'm glad you typed up that list, it brings back fond memories of playing games on the ST. Dungeon Master is probably my favorite of the ones you listed.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

Albert.. The first pic is Starglider 1, and the second is Starglider 2.

Now if only
www.lgd.com
was back up...

Thanks for the clarification of the two screenshots I posted. Excuse my ignorance, but what is lgd.com? I did a quick search around and didn't find anything meaningful. Was it an Atari ST software site?

..Al