IGNORED

Four-F

quote:

Originally posted by Atari-Jess:

and it IS compiled!

ARrgh my bad, was really stressed, my eyes simply skipped over the prg lol, however, on winston it refuses to run, just loads, then goes to a black screen and sits there, I've tried both from the emulated hard drive and a floppy. I might pull out my real ST later and test on that (I need to swap the keyboard over on it anyway).

yeah, WinSTon has problems with that game, use STeem or PaCifiST or even better, use the actual ST as you are planning to, ive only used STeem other than WinSTon to use four-f so STeem should work, greg said that he tried to get the game to work good on emulators but eitherway it still doesn't cut it against the actual ST

STeem is probably the best, as it runs at the normal ST speed. GEMulator is good too, but it runs at the top speed of the PC, and I can't find a way to slow it to the ST's speed. PacifiST is good, but it has slow loading times. I did get it to work with WinSTon, so I'm not sure what problem you are having with it. WinSTon's problem has more to do with disk access. You may see an "Error 52 at line 8510" (like the classic Atari Basic errors!)

Anyway, Four-F does work with the emulators. STeem and GEMulator are the best choices.

--Greg

Ok, finally managed to get STEem working again (it appears if the files are read only, steem complains about an invalid rom file), I tried out the game. Its really priety damned cool, well done. Sound was a bit buzzy, but then STEem's sound isnt great. Many of the levels are a real pain in the ass tho hehe.

Nice work, well done.

BTW, there is a "new" version as of a couple of days ago. The only changes are in the INFO section and I added a "SCORING" section to the README.TXT file. Other than that, it's the same.

BTW, you can check what version you have by pressing the "V" key on the title screen.

--Greg