IGNORED

Flag Capture - picture label, copyright 1978

Pant Load

Probably my favorite Atari cart picture.

I picked up a copy of Flag Capture at a trade show a few months back because it caught my eye. I never heard of the game before, we didn't have it as a kid, and it looked cool enough. Boy.... was I disappointed!

So, nearly 30 years later, that picture is still snagging unwitting customers. :ponder:

I picked up a copy of Flag Capture at a trade show a few months back because it caught my eye. I never heard of the game before, we didn't have it as a kid, and it looked cool enough. Boy.... was I disappointed!

So, nearly 30 years later, that picture is still snagging unwitting customers. :ponder:

I've always liked Flag Capture. I don't know if it's because I've had it since way back or that I just like those types of games but I still have a blast with it. It's a shame to never get to play the duel player versions, which comprise 75% of the games on the cart. :|

• 2 weeks later...
No, I was just wondering from what era it was actually made.
The date stamp on the end label indicates that it was produced in or around May, 1982.

I've found some 1970's Atari Inc. labels attached to open cartridges, meaning that they were using old stocks of labels to put on cartridges made in the 1980's Atari Corp. era.
Actually, I don't believe that these labels were old stock. I'm of the opinion that they are reprints. The 1978 Combat variant without the controller information must be a reprint, so it's not a stretch to assume that the other Atari, Inc. labels on open dustflap carts are also reprints.

What titles have you found with this configuration?

Is your copy of Flag Capture a ©1978, matching the cart that is the subject of this thread, or is your cart a later ©1986 variant?

What titles have you found with this configuration?

I've got a sliding 1978 Night Driver, an open 1983 Mario Bros & a sliding 1982 Raiders. The sliding dustcovers didn't really start showing up until 1983-84 and the open ones until after the Atari Corp. change, so I figured they were just using old stocks of labels on new cartridges.

Edited by crunchysuperman