IGNORED

Help with Pitfall II: Lost Caverns

Adventure_Knight

I'm not posted anywhere, but that's my favorite achievement too.

Last time I did it was 2 years ago.

It's great, because in the last cavern, it gets REALLY intense. I've had too many experiences as a kid where I was in the last area with the final 3 scorpions, and then there's that nightmare where there's a ladder-hole with the bat and the frog. That's the place where I accidentally screw up royally often (usually touching the frog due to a bad joystick tap, or worst yet, accidentally falling down the ladder hole after getting the rat). That last jump drives my adrenaline level to the extreme. And, missing by that little... oh man, the most frustrating thing on the planet. :)

I'm not posted anywhere, but that's my favorite achievement too.

Last time I did it was 2 years ago.

It's great, because in the last cavern, it gets REALLY intense. I've had too many experiences as a kid where I was in the last area with the final 3 scorpions, and then there's that nightmare where there's a ladder-hole with the bat and the frog. That's the place where I accidentally screw up royally often (usually touching the frog due to a bad joystick tap, or worst yet, accidentally falling down the ladder hole after getting the rat). That last jump drives my adrenaline level to the extreme. And, missing by that little... oh man, the most frustrating thing on the planet. :)

If you want a REAL challenge (and if you're feeling extremely masochistic), try going for a perfect score (or even just a reasonably high score)-- but jump over all of the checkpoints instead of tagging them! That way, if you DO screw up (unless it's something simple like accidentally falling down to a lower level, or into the water, without actually getting "killed"), you have to go ALL the way back to the BEGINNING! :-o Of course, depending on where you are at the time, you might not have very far to go back as far as a straight line through the earth is concerned, but you have to go through the cavern all over again (except for not having to repeat the side trips to pick up all the gold).

Michael Rideout