IGNORED

Adventure 8kxay questions

accousticguitar

I've been playing the Adventure 8kxray game. I read the thread on that topic, and it says that the castles get destroyed when you touch the bat, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Is that only in the 6 dragon version? Also, I can only find about a dozen new rooms. Is that all there is? I've tried using the bridge to get above the castles, but it doesn't take me anywhere new. Is that feature only in the 6 dragon version? I haven't played that one yet; I'm still trying to figure this one out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...my hack threads always turn out kind of messy...with the "current" versions constantly being updated on multiple pages of the thread). This one looks to have only preserved the intro hacks right at the top (as you can read in the followup posts, additional versions should exist in the thread). I'll have to repost the last version the next time I'm here. Dunno how all of them got removed...it wasn't an edit by me :?

Recap:

Three dragons have been added (black, purple, and orange), and an additional red castle as well. I ran one byte shy of being able to add a key for it, so the Xray specs double for that (the specs are otherwise only needed at one point in the game - navigating the "foggy" room where you have no light to see yourself by). If you happen to bump into the bat, any open castle will be transformed into it's "rubble" version...making it unable to reenter the castle through the it's gate. If you bring it's key back to the rubble screen, it will return to normal (while the key is present or you lock the gate again). This would present a problem completing the game if you happen to have lost the key INSIDE the castle...so there's hidden panel screens that also take you into castles (this same aspect also allows the bat to "steal" objects inside castles). The bat is really unpredictable due to stripping away it's end-of-table marker...and can no longer be trained to fly in a straight line (at least for not very long). Two additional message screens have been added, and left side panels are opened by using the magnet (the same way that the dot opens right side panels - by flashing it). One of the paths that lead away from one of these messages is unfinished (this is where I was experimenting with putting gates into catacombs)...so all of the rooms I'd planned for it haven't been added to the game.

"Final" version repost:

Advent.zip

Edited by Nukey Shay

Hmm...my hack threads always turn out kind of messy...with the "current" versions constantly being updated on multiple pages of the thread).

True.

I own 16 different Adventure hacks from your hand now and I haven't got the slightest idea which ones can be thrown away:

Ad (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe)

Ad 2 (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure 5 Levels (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure 6 Dragons (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe) (8K)

Adventure Bat Fix (Adventure Hack) (2003) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure Drop (Adventure Hack) (2003) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure Hack 99 (Adventure Hack) (2003) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure Hell (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure New (Adventure Hack) (2003) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure Timed (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe) (8K)

Adventure Timed (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure Tough Dragons (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe)

Adventure X-ray (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe) (8K)

Adventure34 (Adventure Hack) (2002) (Kurt Howe)

Indenture (Adventure Hack) (2004) (Kurt Howe) (8K)

And your latest:

Adventure "Final" Version (Adventure Hack) (2005) (Kurt Howe) (8K)

I would be very grateful if you can point out which ones are WIP and which ones replaced them.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter