IGNORED

FALCON! With a trouble....HELP!!!

t.skid

Today I've received my Falcon030, won last week on ebay.

All was ok, the Falcon start up and works perfectly with the TV (unluckilly with the falcon there wasn't the VGA adapter), with every resolution. But, when I tried to change some options in the control panel (i.e. compatibility) then reset.... OUCH! The Falcon display only white blocks, with a black stripe. Probably I've touched something wrong, also because the TOS is in German and I don't understand at all. So, I've open the falcon and look for something like a "CMOS reset" (do you know PC m/boards?), but didn't find nothing.

Now, I've used my Falcon for about 30 minutes, did this mistake, and start to wait for the VGA Adapter already ordered, hoping that it will resolve the problem. Anyone have some hints?

BTW, the Falcon030 have a great look, and is really fast

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: t.skid ]

Yeah, you're prolly gonna have to edit the Flash. You can change the language there and the boot resolution. Before the VGA adapter comes in, hold down the ctrl key on bootup. That should bring you to ST-Low that the TV should be able to handle.

Joshua.

Hi,

I have the ultimate answer for you and your FALCON 030, it's quite hard, but possible. You have change the boot resolution and it is not accepted by your monitor (it's why you don't see anything). the information has been recorded in the NVRAM (non volatile RAM) so when you reset the bad resolution come back again and again.

Check if somebody you know has SM124 Atari monitor (it's a black and White one), and connect it. Normally it will work, but dont forget to change the Boot resolution !!!

For me it has work (I have made the same mistake in the beginning).

Good luck to find an atari B/W monitor. (or maybe a multisync one (but you said you dou don't have the adaptator.

Sazabi: you're right about the NVRam; the bad thing is that there isn't a way to "reset" it.

I'd a lot of friends with the STs and B/W monitor, but I think that noone still have it. I need to do some phone calls

Really thanks for all the hints, guys. And, if you have any other idea, please tell

I'll update if I've news.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! YES!!! YESS!!!! YESSS!!! I DID IT!! I DID IT! IT WORKS!!!

Ehm sorry....

I try to order the vga adaptor from the only italian seller, but he seems to be out of stock. It means I need to order it from best electronics, and wait a lot - at least two weeks -. So I didn't surrender and surf the web. After a while I've found a schematic for a vga/rgb adapter. Ok, then I start to look for all the connectors needed but, naturally, the DB 19 on the falcon side it's impossible to find (not standard). Bought a DB25 and cut it, then solder. Note that I didn't solder nothing before... After a while, I try to connect the Falcon to a VGA monitor.... ouch monitor is black with some horizontal rows. I was really disappointed. But, after few minutes THE DESKTOP!!!! Probably Falcon tried to recognize the monitor. Also, with the VGA the boot screen, when TOS checks ram, don't work probably because it didn't get out at vga resolution. But finally I've my Falcon back

Changed the language from german to Italian, now I'm trying to understand how to use also the RF modulator, because all the control panels are still in german. There's some place to find some controls in english?

Wow... thanks to all