IGNORED

Planet Bob - 3 Small DS Reviews

RSS Bot

Hi there!

So, since my brother borrowed me his DS with a few games ~ 2 weeks ago, I thought to share my impressions.

I played:

Another Code / Trace Memory

Well, I liked this one. Yet I wouldn't recommend buying it. It is a pretty good, yet way to short Adventure game, heavily showcasing the Touchscreen and other DS gimicks. First time around, I beat it in less than 5 hours, and my wife in like 5 1/2 We played it a second round together then, because we wanted to try and make it a "good" end for "D" as well, a task at which we both failed in the first round :)

Still my Rating: :thumbsdown: More value for money please!

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Sorry, after playing this game three times on the GBA already, I couldn't stand it for a fourth round. Yes it's 2D, yes it looks good, yes it's as good as any of the GBA games, still: After like 2-3 hours and the first 2 boss fights, I quit it out of sheer boredom. It's essentially an add-on for "Aria of Sorrow", so if you can't get enough of "Soul Collecting", go for it.

My Rating: :thumbsdown: Add something fresh please!

Resident Evil Deadly Silence

Yup. Here I am. The one guy on this planet that _never_ played a Resident Evil title before. That said, I really loved playing this game. (Keep in mind that my mind won't compare it to the original PS version!). Again it goes pretty gimickishly, if it weren't for the fighting and the Zombies, it actually wouldn't be all that different from Another Code :ponder: ;) The story is intense, there's a good ounce of riddles in it and you get all the Zombie killing fun you ever wanted. I really hope they revamp the other two original PS titles like that as well!

My Rating: :thumbsup: Give me more please!

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1784