IGNORED

Can the Atari Flashback Console be hacked to play 7800 and 2600 games?...

This console already has some 7800 and 2600 games on it that I love, so I was wondering if it would be possible to have a cartridge slot hacked into the unit so that it can play all 7800, and 2600, games. And if so, is there anyone on this site that I could mail it to, to do such a thing?

This console already has some 7800 and 2600 games on it that I love, so I was wondering if it would be possible to have a cartridge slot hacked into the unit so that it can play all 7800, and 2600, games. And if so, is there anyone on this site that I could mail it to, to do such a thing?

FB1 or FB2

FB1 Maybe

FB2 YES!!!

Seeing as the original Flashback console has nothing resembling either 2600 or 7800 hardware in it, you can pretty safely say no.

Flashback 1 = NES on a chip with games "adapted" to work but not authentic to the original hardware.

Flashback 2 = Atari 2600 hardware on a chip. As such, can play 2600 games but doesn't have 7800 hardware and can't play 7800 games any more than a real 2600 could.

Flashback 1 = NES on a chip with games "adapted" to work but not authentic to the original hardware.

Flashback 2 = Atari 2600 hardware on a chip. As such, can play 2600 games but doesn't have 7800 hardware and can't play 7800 games any more than a real 2600 could.

OK, that would be the reason why I've seen a cartridge slot hacked into the Flashback 2, and not the Flashback 1. Didn't know they used a NES chip, so thanks for all the info. Too bad the original 7800 didn't have AV!

Can you detach the controllers on either of these Flashback consoles, and use something else?

Edited by dave4shmups

OK, that would be the reason why I've seen a cartridge slot hacked into the Flashback 2, and not the Flashback 1. Didn't know they used a NES chip, so thanks for all the info. Too bad the original 7800 didn't have AV!

Can you detach the controllers on either of these Flashback consoles, and use something else?

Well you could put 7800 or 2600 games onto the FB1 I suppose as long as you port them to the NES first ;)

• 3 weeks later...