IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - A few things.

RSS Bot

What are classic video games?To some classic video games are Nes and Sega Genesis.To me and anyone who is on this website its Atari,Intellivision,and Colecovision.

I always laugh when i talk videogames to people i work with and i say the term"classic"to them and they say"Yeah like Super Mario Bros. and Zelda".Now to me i been playing videogames as long as i can remember.Pong was my first home videogame,followed by the 2600,then the Nes.Am not old but am older than some of my fellow co-workers.They remember the Nes,i remember the 2600.Its what i cut my videogame teeth on.I just find it funny sometimes.You say Atari to them and they say either(the real young)"Whats that?"or (the older)"Oh,yeah that had Pac-Man,right?".It just got me think what will happen years from now,Kids collecting PS2 and X-Box systems and games,Ransacking Thrift stores and Goodwill for these things,and going on-line to there favorite website PlaystationAge.com.lol.

Ok,on that note.today one of my co-workers.one thats my age.Brought in for me his Vectrex game system.Lets just say i got real excited when i saw him bring it in the building to loan it to me.Now he has offered to sell it to me if i want it.I hooked it up when i got after work and dinner and played the built-in game on it,Mine Storm.Its awesome a real page of videogame history.Now there was supposed to be some games for me to play but he forgot them . So he is going to bring them in for me in the next few days.If its a good selection that will be the deal maker.

Its going to be hot tommorow so am going to be lazy and play Atari and Colecovision all day and i might head down to one of the local "Mom and Pop"game shops.

I dont have much money on me untill payday but i manage to wrangle a Atari or ColecoVision game or two if i look for the ones on the cheap.

Well i been on the computer long anuff i got some games to play...."Play Atari Today and Everyday".

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1787