IGNORED

HUGE LOAD OF ATARI ST ITEMS

http://www.geocities.com/superdeals_intexas/atarist1

http://www.geocities.com/superdeals_intexas/atarist2

Hey, I got a ton of ATARI ST stuff today and im not exactly sure about some of it. I am gonna be putting it up on ebay but I usually sell 2600's, coleco's and such. My question for you guys is if i sell the whole thing as a lot is there anything i shouldnt put with the lot.....this stuff weighs quite a bit and anyone who buys it will surely pay a price even if i send it UPS rather then regular USPS.....also all the books you see are all detailed instructions on the games etc.....it doesnt appear the guy had any original games just all copied games....but he has a ton of them.....almost 500 floppy's in all....this stuff was all given to me by a guy who needed space in his garage....it appears well taken care of....but heck i know nothing about it....theres a atari 520 with the box....and the other computer in the plastic is a 1040 with mouse, wires, and all....theres two monitors one with its original box...theres also 2 sf354 drives and one sf314 drive.....then you have a sx212 modem and next to it in the piture is a device that lets you copy discs?? at least thats what he told me...its a syncro express....theres also some joysticks and a couple original boxes without there games.....hes got a master list of all his games and his discs are numbered accordingly to identify them....but hell theres 500 of them....do i need to identify them individually or would somebody buying something like this just know what they were doing....cuz i sure as heck dont....please give me some kinda clue to help me sell all this stuff.....i wanna put it on there on sunday or monday so ill be checking back for reply's....thanks alot....the links to this stuff is above and below....let me know what ya think..... http://www.geocities.com/superdeals_intexas/atarist1 http://www.geocities.com/superdeals_intexas/atarist2

I'd have to be honest and say this stuff isn't worth all that much.

- The 520ST is quite probably the earliest model ST. Half a meg of RAM, no internal floppy, no RF modulator. If coming with the whole lot, this would be a throwaway item.

- The 1040ST isn't pictured, but I'll assume it's the standard with internal double-sided, double-density 3.5" drive and 1 meg of memory. This would be the "user" machine; the one you'd keep.

- The SF354 drives are pretty well useless. Single-sided as they are, no one really wants a 360k drive.

- The SF314 is the keeper; a double-sided 720k drive capable of reading double-sided disks.

- I can see one SC1224 colour monitor there, but can't make out the other one, so I'll assume it's an SM124 (12" mono) monitor. Both of these are useful at least; the SC1224 being for low and medium res apps and games, and the SC124 for high resolution apps.

- Copied disks aren't saleable as software, considering they're all pirated; they'd have to be a free extra or billed simply as "floppy disks" (not necessarily with anything on them) just in case there are any legal issues.

- The SX212 modem is more or less a paperweight. It's 1200 baud, can't automatically disconnect, and that Omron line switch inside has a tendancy to be the first thing to die. (Once it's dead, the modem can't pick up the line)

- The Syncro-Express would be useful I suppose between the 1040's internal drive and the SF314. Again, pointless with the SF354s.

The fact that much of it is boxed will help fetch a little better price, but to be honest I doubt you'll get much of a pile for the lot.