IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Pee-Wee's Playhouse Angst

RSS Bot

After the first airing of the "new" Pee-Wee's Playhouse on Cartoon Network, I've decided that I liked the old version better. That fat lady who was always snooping has been replaced by a less fat woman. Dixie is gone! The King of Cartoons is a different black guy and the flowers announce he's coming! No sign of Captain Carl, the playhouse gang, Gladys, the picture phone, the salesman, and the dinosaur family yet. The episode that just aired was they were redecorating the playhouse, and introduced Floory, Clocky, and the soccer-playing dude. This "new" batch says © 1987 Paul Reubens, instead of © 1986 Pee-Wee Productions. New season. Ulg. Well, at least they kept the Penny cartoons. I've been taping this ever since it came on July 12. If they air all of them, I won't have to buy both DVD sets! Woo! I might just save $100! And, Pee-wee should have had an Atari 2600 game. It was the right time frame (1986-90, late in the Atari 2600's life, but still...) That would have been so cool! Make it like an Adventure hack or something, and have Randy as an enemy. And have the seperate rooms, have one with Pterry, have one with Chairy, etc.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1795