IGNORED

[PRESS RELEASE] AMERICA'S VIDEOGAME EXPO OFFERS HIGH-VALUE DIRECT-TO-CONSUM

ed_fleming

Philadelphia, August 2, 2006 -- With the recently announced changes to the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Lunar Tide Communications, Inc., is pleased to offer America's VideoGame Expo (VGXPO) as an alternative venue where the game industry can communicate directly with their target audience - the consumer. Publishers and developers searching for additional locations to show off their products can look to VGXPO as a perfect opportunity to put the hottest games in the hands of gamers at a reasonable cost.

"VGXPO organizers and its advisory board members lament that the videogame industry has matured past the need for a mega-event such as E3," said Ed Fleming, Director of the VGXPO. "However, we see this as a transformation-catalyst for the industry – what the industry needs now is something that can be used to showcase products, promote game makers and celebrate the rich history of the industry directly with consumers."

"We believe that America's VideoGame Expo offers a new kind of value proposition and is an opportunity to do more with marketing dollars. We looked at other industries for inspiration - the shows with the most impact and longest lasting power are consumer-focused direct marketing events," stated Fleming. "Be it the International Auto Shows, Comic-Con, TGS, or localized events such as hobby shows or home and garden conventions; these are huge events that have survived for decades and run the gamut of industry players. Direct marketing at events such as these are a proven return-on-investment."

"As the professional organization that recognizes excellence in games among its members, the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences supports the efforts of America's VideoGame Expo to create a venue that promotes interactive entertainment directly to consumers," stated Joseph Olin, President, AIAS. "Providing game players an opportunity to see and experience the widest range of games possible benefits all of us who love great games"

"It seems we've come full circle... I started making games over 20 years ago, back then the ONLY kind of expo was for gamers. I have very fond memories of being shoulder deep in gamers all eager to be the first to try a new game. The energy and excitement they generate fuels the passion that makes game development so fun," said David Perry, CEO of GameConsultants.com.

Unlike any other event, VGXPO is a gaming festival that celebrates the positive impact that videogames have on American culture. When a gamer comes to VGXPO he will have the opportunity not just to play & buy the latest games (and the retro classics) but also have the opportunity to meet the people responsible for their creation.

"For NVIDIA consumer-oriented game shows represent an important part of our marketing strategy," explained Bill Rehbock, Director of World Wide Publisher Relations and Consumer Awareness at NVIDIA. "Consumer events such as VGXPO are a great fit with our strategy, and will become more and more important for the industry as a whole."

"It's time for a show that's about games and the people who play them, and not just a giant party where everyone's showing off their best pre-rendered video and earning kudos for best booth babes," offered game industry veteran Bill Kunkel. "It's time for an event where the smallest developers are considered just as important as the big publishers, and both groups get to show their wares directly to consumers and receive direct feedback from those same consumers. In short, it's time for a show like VGXPO."

VGXPO is scheduled to take place from October 27-29, 2006 at the Valley Forge Convention Center, outside of Philadelphia, PA. For tickets or exhibiting options be sure to visit on the web at www.VGXPO.com

Not one thing about this being a market place to purchase games and systems just like Texas last year where people did not even have $20 bucks to buy a game cause they did not know anything would be for sale!

I agree.

Its way over priced and now the attendees will have to pay.

No thanks.

I'll see everyone at OVGE, $3 entry and $30 8' tables.

Smitty

Hi guys... This press release was sent out in response to E3 being canceled. I wanted to add it to the forums so that everyone can see it before it gets posted all over the web.

The release does say that games are for sale, but that's not the focus of the press release anyway. The mention of it is here:

"When a gamer comes to VGXPO he will have the opportunity not just to play & buy the latest games (and the retro classics) but also have the opportunity to meet the people responsible for their creation."

Next month we are running ads in Video Game Collector, EGM, Tips and Tricks, Play Magazine and CGW. These magazines will hit the news stands mid September. All of the ads say "thousands of games for sale". The crowds at VGXPO 2006 know that they can buy games, meet game makers and have a good time. The price for passes to VGXPO start at $20, and we've already pre-sold over 1000 tickets.

We are trying to grow VGXPO, and I think we doing a good job at it. Here is a list of current exhibitors and sponsors:

# 1UP Network

# Action Figure Factory

# Chris Chandler

# Collectors Cards and Games

# Computer Gaming World

# Electronic Gaming Monthly (Ziff Davis)

# Free-Games.com

# Game Daily

# Game Developers Confernce

# GaneDev.Net

# GameJobs.com

# Games-To-Go

# GameVideos.com (Ziff Davis)

# Intellivision Productions

# J2 Games

# Moby Games

# My Cheats (Ziff Davis)

# Official PlayStation Magazine

# Penn State University - VideoGame Camp

# Play Magazine

# RetroGaming

# Rolenta Press

# The VideoGame Museum

# Tips and Tricks

# Video Game Collector Magazine

# Video Games Live

# VideoGame Trader

# VideoGame.Net

There are other vendors at VGXPO that I cannot announce yet. But believe me, VGXPO 2K6 will be just as fun as last year and much bigger too.

If any potential vendor wants to talk with me about VGXPO, feel free to give me a call. I can be reached at 610-668-1636

Ed

Can you confirm or deny that Atari Age will be there?

I don't know yet... I hope they will be.

Many of the vendors last year waited until September and October to sign up. When talking with promoters of other events, be it game releated or otherwise, people often wait until the last minute. Truth is, we have a limited amount of space, so for anyone that wants space, it's better to reserve it as early as you can.

In addition to the sponsors and exhibitors listed above, we have a number of other things that we haven't announced yet. For example, there is one company that will be at VGXPO with a 30x40 booth. These guys are a semi-big player in the industry and are best known for providing technology, not games. In addition to exhibitors, we are working on things like the VideoGame Battle of the Bands and the VGXPO Game and Animation Festival, plus a few other cool events.

We also expect a much larger crowd for 2006. We have ads running in EGM, CGW, Play, VG Collector, and Tips and Tricks. We are also doing other kinds of marketing and PR with TV, web and radio.

With all of the issues surronding E3, we think that will give VGXPO a small push for this year and a HUGE push for 2007. The future of the show looks bright.

I hope to see you at VGXPO!

Ed

www.vgxpo.com

Well, I don't think MMF & I will be able to attend, as much as we might like to. We went to the show in Dallas last year, and weren't too very impressed. I spent most of my time at the Dallas show playing Donkey Konga at a booth, which I could have done at home for free!

Since MMF & I live in the Midwest, we would have to pay for airfare to Philly ($300 per person), plus several nights hotel, a rental car or shuttle to the hotel, AND passes to the show on top of that. Ugh - it's just too much money. It would be nice if you offered some super discounted prices for those people who have to fly across the country in order to attend the show.

Unfortunately, the fall season just isn't a good time for us either. I really liked it when this event was in the late winter/early spring. That was nice, because it broke up the time period of when all the conventions were held. PhillyClassic (now VGXPO) was in March/April, OVGE was in June, CGE in August. Now it seems like all of the conventions are clustered together within a 2-3 month time frame - which makes it difficult to attend as many as we'd like.

If anyone's headed to OVGE in a couple weeks, I'll definitely see you there! :)

Well, I don't think MMF & I will be able to attend, as much as we might like to. We went to the show in Dallas last year, and weren't too very impressed. I spent most of my time at the Dallas show playing Donkey Konga at a booth, which I could have done at home for free!

Since MMF & I live in the Midwest, we would have to pay for airfare to Philly ($300 per person), plus several nights hotel, a rental car or shuttle to the hotel, AND passes to the show on top of that. Ugh - it's just too much money. It would be nice if you offered some super discounted prices for those people who have to fly across the country in order to attend the show.

Unfortunately, the fall season just isn't a good time for us either. I really liked it when this event was in the late winter/early spring. That was nice, because it broke up the time period of when all the conventions were held. PhillyClassic (now VGXPO) was in March/April, OVGE was in June, CGE in August. Now it seems like all of the conventions are clustered together within a 2-3 month time frame - which makes it difficult to attend as many as we'd like.

If anyone's headed to OVGE in a couple weeks, I'll definitely see you there! :)

We were afraid a lot of our friends from out of town wouldn't make it especially because of the costs now associated with the show. :sad:

I'm sorry guys and hope we can get together one day soon! I'm really glad we were able to meet you as well as a lot of other really cool people "back in the PC day"! ;) I don't miss the "battle of the bands" though, lol, although I give them credit for having the guts to try!

If anyone does come up here we'd love to get together with them even if we don't go to the show since we can easily drive over that way. We never know what adventures are in store for us but, I hope to goodness I won't be on crutches this time though, lol! :D

We were afraid a lot of our friends from out of town wouldn't make it especially because of the costs now associated with the show. :sad:

I'm sorry guys and hope we can get together one day soon! I'm really glad we were able to meet you as well as a lot of other really cool people "back in the PC day"! ;) I don't miss the "battle of the bands" though, lol, although I give them credit for having the guts to try!

If anyone does come up here we'd love to get together with them even if we don't go to the show since we can easily drive over that way. We never know what adventures are in store for us but, I hope to goodness I won't be on crutches this time though, lol! :D

If I do make it back, I hope to not step on your leg again. I will bring extra ice packs just in case.

I spent most of my time at the Dallas show playing Donkey Konga at a booth, which I could have done at home for free!

Awww.. But you couldn't play Donkey Konga with me at home. Wasn't that worth the price of airfare? :D

I'm planning on going this year because I had to miss last years. Something might come up that will force me to cancel, but as far as I know, I'm good to go this year.

Tempest

Our exhibitor and sponsor list is growing! We are already as large as 2005... We have 78 days to go and have even more announcements to make in the coming weeks.

Here is the latest list:

# 1UP Network

# Action Figure Factory

# Atari Museum

# Awesome Arcades

# Chris Chandler

# Collectors Cards and Games

# Computer Gaming World

# Electronic Gaming Monthly (Ziff Davis)

# Free-Games.com

# Future Shock Creations

# Game Daily

# Game Developers Confernce

# GameDev.Net

# GameJobs.com

# Game Tapes Unlimited

# Games-To-Go

# GameVideos.com (Ziff Davis)

# Intellivision Productions

# J2 Games

# Moby Games

# My Cheats (Ziff Davis)

# Official PlayStation Magazine

# Penn State University - VideoGame Camp

# Play Magazine

# RetroGaming

# PSI Productions

# Rolenta Press

# The VideoGame Museum

# Tips and Tricks

# Video Game Collector Magazine

# Video Games Live

# VideoGame Trader

# VideoGame.Net

# Videotopia

Let the Revolution Begin

www.VGXPO.com

Edited by ed_fleming

I spent most of my time at the Dallas show playing Donkey Konga at a booth, which I could have done at home for free!

Awww.. But you couldn't play Donkey Konga with me at home. Wasn't that worth the price of airfare? :D

I'm planning on going this year because I had to miss last years. Something might come up that will force me to cancel, but as far as I know, I'm good to go this year.

Tempest

True - but it was more fun to play Guitar Hero at your house in Michigan! Since MMF's family lives in Detroit, it's always easy to stop by your place!

Next time we'll bring our guitar and plan to hang out for the WHOLE DAY, not just a few hours! :) FYI - we're gonna be in Detroit for Wrestlemania 23! We'll probably head out there a few days early, or stay a few days after to visit family & friends.

Seeing you is always worth the price of airfare! Hopefully we'll see you in Detroit for WM23.

Tempest

It's not even that we don't want to go, it's just cost-prohibitive and right in the middle of football season to boot. We pay a lot for season tickets and parking and then if you miss a game you just end up having to give the tickets and parking passes to someone else. What fun is that?