IGNORED

RIVER RAID RETURNS(NEO)

neotokeo2001

RIVER RAID RETURNS(NEO)

post-3832-1154653277_thumb.jpg

I am open to suggestions for a better label.

BIN File:

River_Raid_Neo.bin

River Raid Returns in a new more difficult edition.

New targets and a more deadly river.

post-3832-1154653305_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1154653320_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to make a more difficult version of River Raid. There are

two new targets in this version.

Balloon:

The enemy is ready for you this time. They have placed several balloons

along the river intended to bring down your fighter.

Fuel Storage Towers:

Watch out for the appearance of the Fuel Towers. They are the highest

scoring item in the game. You will have to risk tougher portions of the

river to reach many of them. What is there secret?

Point Values:

post-3832-1154653353_thumb.jpg

It never made sense to me why the ship was only worth 30 points. I

have raised the value to 300 points.

There are several tight sections of river that you must fly thru. I have

tested up to 100k so I know that it is possible to get thru the bottlenecks

up to that point. After that?? You tell me. :D

How high can you score?

Balloon enemy added by Thomas Jentzsch.

Edited by neotokeo2001

Have you tried my Planet Raid? It's much more difficult than River Raid, too (but different graphics).

Planet Raid link

Planet Raid is a great hack of River Raid. It was the inspiration for my own Space themed River Raid hack which turned into Alien Menace. Don't miss it. :thumbsup:

Now I am not sure which one I have I know I have one of those, and I will get the other now that I know. :D

I played this River Raid wow I really like it, it seems imposible at some point there is a bridge then a rectangle island very close if you get killed there you are placed behind the bridge again that is ok but very little room to move over in time to not hit that island. Wow this is hard!

Wade

PS just checked yes I have both and both are great hacks I love, I have so many I hadn't remembered those until you mentioned them thanks! :cool:

Edited by Pac Munchkin

I played this River Raid wow I really like it, it seems imposible at some point there is a bridge then a rectangle island very close if you get killed there you are placed behind the bridge again that is ok but very little room to move over in time to not hit that island. Wow this is hard!

Wade

I know the spot that you are talking about. It is really difficult but still possible to make it thru. When you restart you have to make a quick left or right without error to keep from hitting the island. I have been thinking about tweaking it to make it easier.

Wade

I know the spot that you are talking about. It is really difficult but still possible to make it thru. When you restart you have to make a quick left or right without error to keep from hitting the island. I have been thinking about tweaking it to make it easier.

I would sure appriciate it a little easier, wow I was doing great then I hit that spot and lost everything in a few seconds game over! LOL :roll:

Wade