IGNORED

Tom Boy to Tarzan?

Pac Munchkin

I'm bord so I thought maybe I'll try hacking Tom Boy into some kind of Tarzan game, it is pretty close now so I think I could do it but I'll see.

Wade

This is what I have so far, you can see Tarzans long hair, unfortuantly right now it is flesh color so it looks more like elephant man backwards with his trunk sticking out the back of his face! :rolling:

Wade

Tarzan_hack_8_8_6_wc_WIP.BIN

I'm bord so I thought maybe I'll try hacking Tom Boy into some kind of Tarzan game, it is pretty close now so I think I could do it but I'll see.

Wade

This is what I have so far, you can see Tarzan's long hair, unfortunately right now it is flesh color so it looks more like elephant man backwards with his trunk sticking out the back of his face! :rolling:

Wade

Looking better now but he looks like he is wearing a wrestling mask now.

Tarzan_hack_8_8_6_wc.BIN

Wade

This is what I have so far, you can see Tarzan's long hair, unfortunately right now it is flesh color so it looks more like elephant man backwards with his trunk sticking out the back of his face! :rolling:

Wade

Now this is Tarzan! :D

Wade

Tarzan_hack_8_8_6_wc.BIN

Wade

Wade

Now this is Tarzan! :D

Wade

Changed name and changed Tarzan on the vine swinging.

Wade

Tarzan_hack_8_8_6_wc.BIN

I am trying to think on Ideas for this game, I wish I could have the vine swing sound more like in PitFall. As for the enemies of the jungle maybe I'll change the dog into something else, I like the Octopus and the Swans the stepping stones I would like to change to look more like crocodiles like in PitFall.

If I can find the colors I will change the swans to white, they never looked quite right brown? The cat is cool. Maybe also change the tree top color to some kind of green. So these are my thoughts on what I may change yet.

Any thoughts of yours on what could be changed?

Wade

What does anyone think so far? The first time I played Tom Boy I was impressed because it was so much like a Tarzan game but for some reason they had him with a crue cut in his jungle shorts grab. Well I found out for hair I need to make Tarzan the same color as his hair. I thought well even if Tarzan was supposed to be the "great white ape man" living in the jungle no matter how white you are you would look brown from the sun so that was an easy choice to make him brown then his hair would be brown too. The shorts I made gray, maybe from some animal that has gray fur or skin? Ahhhhh Rhino shorts, he made shorts from Rhinoceros skin that fits perfectly with the jungle!

I didn't quite like how he looked swinging on the vine so I decided to change that too.

Wade

Since Tom Boy is supposed to be a little girl character, she's now a transsexual. :lol:

Wow I didn't realize that! :lolblue:

In the game it looks like she has a crew cut and is only wearing a pair of shorts, maybe that was suppose to be a skirt? :lol:

Oh well now it is a guy with long hair Tarzan.

It seems the more I work with it, it was a hack of Pitfall to begin with?

Why the hacker removed the crocodiles if this was Pitfall is a mystery, I want them back in the game.

I have a lot of ideas yet for this.

But I may even just scrap the whole thing and turn Pitfall into Tarzan.

Thanks Nukey for that laugh :thumbsup:

Wade

Edited by Pac Munchkin

Newest Update I changed the colors of the trees, the sky the ground, the swans, I added Crocodiles, I changed the yell swinging on the vine.

I fixed the swans the graphics were a little off on the bodies of the swans.

I need to find how to lower the pitch of the yell to sound more like Pitfall yell.

I hope you like it, it is looking more and more like a jungle, oh I also fixed a glitch in the Octopus sprite.

Wade :cool:

Tarzan__TomBoy_hack_8_10_6_wc__WIP.BIN

Fixed the trees I had messed up, Next I need to fix climbing Tarzan I really messed that up he now climbs green like Pitfall Harry where I messed that up I don't know, it may take some time to find what I did! :ponder:

Wade

New Update

Fixed color glitch I made climbing Tarzan.

Fixed falling through the holes in the wrong location glitch I also made.

Changed Jump sound to sound fuller and better.

Changed Dog into a baby croc down in the tunnels, still looking for color for that.

Changed Tarzan a little, improved the graphics.

Changed the colors as well.

I think I may change the swans to be more something wild from the jungle like a bear or baboon?

Also the same for the cat I may change that too, I like the octopus like it crawled up out of one of those swamps!

Also still looking for the pitch of the sound I think it is playing a triangle and pitfall it a square sound.

Wade

Tarzan__Tom_Boy_hack_8_11_6_wc__WIP.bin

Fixed the trees I had messed up, Next I need to fix climbing Tarzan I really messed that up he now climbs green like Pitfall Harry where I messed that up I don't know, it may take some time to find what I did! :ponder:

Wade

New Update

Fixed color glitch I made climbing Tarzan.

Fixed falling through the holes in the wrong location glitch I also made.

Changed Jump sound to sound fuller and better.

Changed Dog into a baby croc down in the tunnels, still looking for color for that.

Changed Tarzan a little, improved the graphics.

Changed the colors as well.

I think I may change the swans to be more something wild from the jungle like a bear or baboon?

Also the same for the cat I may change that too, I like the octopus like it crawled up out of one of those swamps!

Also still looking for the pitch of the sound I think it is playing a triangle and pitfall it a square sound.

Wade

Newest update

Changed Tarzan yell, to sound like a Tarzan Yell.

Added underground walls

Changed Swans into Wild Boars

Changed Cats into Cobras

Changed Octopuses into ComonoDragons

Made the square holes bigger harder to jump over.

Changed the gold to look like a gold bar

Things to do find out what on earth is making the top line of my walls red and change it to gray! :mad:

Well it is getting close to done at least. :cool:

Wade

Tarzan__Tom_Boy_hack_8_11_6_wc__WIP.bin

Ok I am going to slowly go through bit hacker changing every 33 into a 2 until I change that top part of the wall, I thought it should be in the same location as the rest but that does not seem the case. It will not be hard I think I'll use the text file I made with showgfx to locate every 33, using the search function in my text editor.

It will be perfect when I am done with it. ;)

Ok I am going to slowly go through bit hacker changing every 33 into a 2 until I change that top part of the wall, I thought it should be in the same location as the rest but that does not seem the case. It will not be hard I think I'll use the text file I made with showgfx to locate every 33, using the search function in my text editor.

It will be perfect when I am done with it. ;)

YEAH YEAH YEAH I found it!!!!!!!!! Using my text editor and search it was the very first one it went to, 04C9 is the color of the top line in the wall! :thumbsup: :grin:

By the way it was 34 not 33 I had to search for and change to 2.

Wade

Newest Update all gray stone walls. :cool:

Tarzan__Tom_Boy_hack_8_12_6_wc__WIP.bin

Edited by Pac Munchkin

I try to add pictures this wants URLs, the pictures are on my hard drive not some web page, Then when I finely thought I figured a way to do it, I get sorry Dynamic pages are not allowed in Image files, what on earth does that mean? Anyway I can't add pictures sorry, this is looking very good, you'll have to take my word on that. you should see my Cobra that is so cool but everything is looking good.

Edited by Pac Munchkin

I try to add pictures this wants URLs, the pictures are on my hard drive not some web page, Then when I finely thought I figured a way to do it, I get sorry Dynamic pages are not allowed in Image files, what on earth does that mean? Anyway I can't add pictures sorry, this is looking very good, you'll have to take my word on that. you should see my Cobra that is so cool but everything is looking good.

Newest update and pretty much done! :D

I fixed the baby croc to look more like a baby croc, also changed to green.

I changed the gold diamond to a gold scepter!

There are now a gold bar and a silver bar to find.

Plus the bag of money.

I may......... change all the prizes to look like some ancient lost treasure like I did for that cool looking scepter! :cool:

Tarzan__Tom_Boy_hack_8_12_6_wc_.bin

• 3 weeks later...