IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Vectrex,how little i know of you.

RSS Bot

Well i been talking about it on my Blog here and there.The Vectrex.A little part of the classic videogame universe that has made its way into my home.Today after playing the built-in game MineStorm for the past 2 weeks.I finally got some games to play on it.9 games in all.Blitz!,Berzerk,Fortress of Narzod,Pole Position,Solar Quest,Spike,Space Wars,Star Trek,and Cosmic Chasm.Man,after playing all of these tonight i was just amazed.The Vectrex was/is a amazing piece of hardware.Back in high school i had a friend by the name of Skipper Henry(no "Skipper"wasnt his real first name Norman was.He liked "Skipper" better).Who had a Vectrex.Got to play it maybe once or twice.So never got to know how cool this system was.To think of all the games i missed out on.Like the Atari and ColecoVision,there is homebrewing going on for the Vectrex and am so glad too.The Vectrex needs to keep living so i can get to know it like am getting to know my Atari again.I think me and the Vectrex like my Atari systems and my Colecovision can have a great time together.Creating new memories and reliving old ones as well.The Vectrex i have found to be a great thing to start a conversation around.So many of my friends never even knew of it.When they see it they start asking questions about and ask if they can play it.Which to me is great.Its getting people to play the classics again.Just like when people ask to play my 2600 or my ColecoVision.So if by some chance "Skipper"Henry is out there reading this .Drop me a line and let me know if you still have your Vectrex.I will take it off your hands for you.Thats what old friends who happen to be classic videogame fans/collectors do.lol.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1826