IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - R.I.P. Bob Thaves

RSS Bot

Not really anyone in the Atari community, Bob Thaves, creator and drawer of the comic strip "Frank and Ernest" passed away yesterday at 81. One of the few comic strips I ever read, Bob will be surely missed by me and thousands of his comic's readers. His son will continue the strip, but it will never be the same without Bob's funny take on the world today. BTW, the other comic strips I read are Garfield (and Jim Davis is hanging in at age 61 or so), Mother Goose and Grimm (around the same age for Mike Peters), and Blondie (yes, Blondie. It's funny. Deal with it.) A couple months ago, the newspaper changed the comics around and finally got around to dropping Gasoline Alley (yes, can you believe it? A newspaper had Gasoline Alley in 2006!) and also dropped Frank and Ernest. I filled in the comic survey, and I put Frank and Ernest near the top of the comics to keep, and even though it wasn't top 5 in the most liked or least liked, they dropped it anyway. But what's even weirder is they still have it on Sunday. Oh well, my newspaper is stupid.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1827