IGNORED

Atari Remakes list...

Wntermute

I'm working on a spreadsheet of Atari remakes.. games that were once on Atari systems and are enjoying a longer lifespan with sequels and updates.

What I want to know is what would everyone like for this list.. here's some questions I'd like feedback on:

1) Should I release the spreadsheet in its original spreadsheet form or should I make it into a PDF? (working in Mesa for OS X, which will make Excel-compatible files also and PDF creation is as simple as printing on OS X)

2) Should I include emulation titles? ("Arcade Classics" compilations and 'Activision Classics')

3) What current platforms should I include? (Currently, I'm tracking all Gameboy flavors and the PS1 & PS2)

quote:

Originally posted by Wntermute:

1) Should I release the spreadsheet in its original spreadsheet form or should I make it into a PDF? (working in Mesa for OS X, which will make Excel-compatible files also and PDF creation is as simple as printing on OS X)

2) Should I include emulation titles? ("Arcade Classics" compilations and 'Activision Classics')

3) What current platforms should I include? (Currently, I'm tracking all Gameboy flavors and the PS1 & PS2)

1) I think you should release it as HTML so people can look at it on the web. When you're finished we could even put it here on AtariAge. I'm not sure how you're trying to present the information, though.

2) I think you should include compilations and emulation titles. These may not be "sequels" nor "updated", but the games do continue to live on even through these efforts.

3) I would include as many platforms as you can get information for. In addition to Gameboy, PS1 and PS2 I'd also include Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, PC, and Macintosh.

I look forward to seeing this document when you're done!

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

1) I think you should release it as HTML so people can look at it on the web. When you're finished we could even put it here on AtariAge. I'm not sure how you're trying to present the information, though.

2) I think you should include compilations and emulation titles. These may not be "sequels" nor "updated", but the games do continue to live on even through these efforts.

3) I would include as many platforms as you can get information for. In addition to Gameboy, PS1 and PS2 I'd also include Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, PC, and Macintosh.

I look forward to seeing this document when you're done!

..Al

1) I'd release it as HTML if I had an easy way to get the info into HTML easily. The thing is, Mesa doesn't have a "Save As HTML" option and Excel 98's "Save As HTML" will not work in Classic.. go fig. IMHO, PDF is almost as platform-agnostic as HTML and shouldn't be a problem for anyone except maybe WebTV users.

2) That's my feeling too... just trying to get an idea of the work I'll need to put into research.

3) I think I'll work on getting more done for the GameBoy and Playstation flavors before expanding. The real trouble is reused names thrown on different games. (For example: Sentinel for the 2600 and 7800 is a way different game than the Sentinel game that the PS1 game Sentinel Returns is based on.. though I think I had a copy of Sentinel for the ST)

quote:

Originally posted by Zeptari:

Can this be done in Cart Commander?

Great little program someone here pointed out. Great stuff....

Well, Cart Commander sounds like a wonderful program, however it won't run on MacOS or MacOS X.. and I generally don't have a spare $200 or so lying around to invest in Virtual PC.

Still not sure what you're asking about regarding it though.

I was just wondering if you could use Cart Commander to keep track of all the Atari release's on other systems (updates or emulation collections).

Here's a small list to get you started...

It's on my web page. It's all the Classic Game Compilations for the Playstation.

link...>>>> http://users.rcn.com/alafleur/classic.htm

keep us posted....

Zeptari, I'm sure Cart Commander is a great useful program, and I salute Brien King's hard work. However, it simply won't work on my computer.. I've even talked to Brien about porting it to the Mac and he wasn't sure it could/would be done.

For right now and the data that I'm working with, a spreadsheet is the easiest way for me to update and work with this list. However, there are some little functions that I've become accustomed to in Excel and Appleworks that just aren't there in Mesa... I'm working around these for now but they won't hinder the rest of the list.

• 2 weeks later...

I think what you're working on is great! Obviously it would be nice to have all the systems Albert mentioned, but if I were doing it, I would try to complete a few systems first and then add more. In other words, it sounds like a lot of work!

I would love to see the Excel file, but I think I'm in the minority. So whatever would be the most "accessible".

Also, I know Classic Gamer Magazine has published some lists, and they do reviews in every issue.