IGNORED

PS1 Activision Classics Revisited...

Wntermute

In taking a break from my project of finding all the Atari-related games for the Playstation and Gameboy, I decided to embark on a different project: to make at least one memory card save from each of the games in my entire PS1 collection.

So, of course I started at the A's and after getting 100% completes on the training and first levels of A Bug's Life, I popped in Activision Classics. Now, I know I shouldn't expect 100% exact emulation of all of the 2600's nuances.. but you'd expect 100% of the 2600's SPEED. This thing is cranked down a notch or two, which is very noticable in the first stages of Frostbite and Seaquest.

Now, I don't know if this is attributable to the PS1 driver on my PS2 or if the games really did play this slow on a real PS1.. but MAN... turn off the speed throttle and let these things run RIGHT.

quote:

Originally posted by Wntermute:

In taking a break from my project of finding all the Atari-related games for the Playstation and Gameboy, I decided to embark on a different project: to make at least one memory card save from each of the games in my entire PS1 collection.

I have to ask, why? Are you doing this to have a memory card (or cards) with a save from each game, or are you doing this just as an exercise to actually play all the PS1 games you have? Just curious.

..Al

Well, it was mainly to make sure I've played each game at least a little bit. Part of it is that when I got my PS2 last year (Oct 26: Launch day!) my 24-page memory card wouldn't work with it. It was the style that did not have any buttons on it.. you change the pages with the controller.

Well, I lost quite a few saves in converting from the old card to the new one I now have. And there are many games that I still haven't even started up.