IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Does anyone miss the Arcade?

RSS Bot

Does anyone miss the hayday of the arcade?There was a time when just about every town had a arcade or two.Thats where you got to play the latest videogame hits and then hoped they would come out on the home systems.The town i grew up in had 3 arcades plus a pretty good arcade in the local bowling alley.I remember playing Crazy Climber and Moon Patrol for the first time in that bowling alley.The smaller of the 3 arcades we had in my town was the home of Gorf.I used to stop there after school everyday and spend my lunch money on that game.The biggest arcade we had was just amazing.It had almost every hot game that was out at that time.Pac-Man,Ms.Pac-Man,Missle Command,Asteroids,Space Invaders,Pole Position,ect.That place was always busy.Now fast foward to today.Arcades are all but dead.A few scattered about mostly in areas near a large university or school.The games they have are almost always DDR or some kind of sit down driving game.The bowling alleys have reduced there games to Golden Tee Golf,Light Gun game,or the odd PinBall game.Even the laundry Mats only have afew run down games and maybe a NeoGeo multi-System.I dont know how it is in most areas but were i currently live this is the sad state of the arcade.I so miss the "Golden Years"of the Arcade.It was a place you could go and hang out with your friends you grew up with and play some really great games.But,with the re- emergance of the home video game systems and the take over of the Playstation those great old arcades have become a thing of the past.Who needs to go to a arcade when you can play games at home on your PS2 or X-Box 360 or even your computer.I do.I miss the arcade.You know that even the local malls around here dont even have a arcade.Sad,just very sad.well at least i still have my Atari and Colecovision.Anyone up for a game of Gorf or Missle Command?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1849