IGNORED

Atari Console numbering discovery

Dragnerok X

Most of you may have already figured this out but I thought I would share this just in case. I just figured out why atari's consoles (2600-7800) seemed to have had seemingly random model numbers. Multiplication! Here's how it worked.

2600 X 2 = 5200

2600 X 3 = 7800

Well from the looks of it atari may have been trying to convey how powerful their newer systems were compared to the old '2600, I just don't think they were able to get their message across :) .

Cheers!,

Dragnerok X

• Like 1

2600 X 2 = 5200

2600 X 3 = 7800

Close! The 7800 was supposed to be as good as the 2600 and 5200 combined, meaning that they added 2600 + 5200 to come up with 7800. It's a minor difference, but at least it gives you a window into their thought processes. :)

It took you how long to see multiplication?! I saw it when I was a little kid that 2600 + 2600 = 5200 or 2600 x2 = 5200.

Come on! Give me some slack! I just wanted to explain a simple concept for people (apparently not you) who haven't already noticed it.

Edited by Dragnerok X

It took you how long to see multiplication?! I saw it when I was a little kid that 2600 + 2600 = 5200 or 2600 x2 = 5200.

Come on! Give me some slack! I just wanted to explain a simple concept for people (apparently not you) who haven't already noticed it.

Dont worry about it. Contributions are always welcome so dont keep any possible thoughts to yourself, share them. Although chances are we may have already heard about any possible theory there is also the possibility that we dont so take that chance and tell us. By the way it took a friend of mine to point out the numbering on the systems and that was back in 98 so you aren't the only one who was a little slow figuring it out ;)

Dont worry about it. Contributions are always welcome so dont keep any possible thoughts to yourself, share them. Although chances are we may have already heard about any possible theory there is also the possibility that we dont so take that chance and tell us. By the way it took a friend of mine to point out the numbering on the systems and that was back in 98 so you aren't the only one who was a little slow figuring it out ;)

Thx. :)

Edited by Dragnerok X

Most of you may have already figured this out but I thought I would share this just in case. I just figured out why atari's consoles (2600-7800) seemed to have had seemingly random model numbers. Multiplication! Here's how it worked.

2600 X 2 = 5200

2600 X 3 = 7800

Well from the looks of it atari may have been trying to convey how powerful their newer systems were compared to the old '2600, I just don't think they were able to get their message across :) .

Cheers!,

Dragnerok X

I posted this last week:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1118264