The Eidolon

I was just thinking about the systems announced for the Wii virtual console:

NES

SNES

N64

Turbografx

Sega Genesis

Makes since to leverage all that Nintendo classic first-party game history. But

what about the Gamboy, Gameboy Color, and GBA?

The Gameboy player proves Nintendo is not averse to making handheld

games available on a console. So I am speculating that GB, GBC and

perhaps GBA titles will be available for download on the Virtual Console

to play on the Wii. With 512 megs of built-in RAM quite a few Gameboy

titles would fit...

To replace the GameCube/Link cable I imagine they would use the wireless

capability of the DS and Wii to allow one to play downloaded handheld

titles in RAM in the Wii.

Pure speculation, but doesn't it seem possible?

I was just thinking about the systems announced for the Wii virtual console:

NES

SNES

N64

Turbografx

Sega Genesis

Makes since to leverage all that Nintendo classic first-party game history. But

what about the Gamboy, Gameboy Color, and GBA?

The Gameboy player proves Nintendo is not averse to making handheld

games available on a console. So I am speculating that GB, GBC and

perhaps GBA titles will be available for download on the Virtual Console

to play on the Wii. With 512 megs of built-in RAM quite a few Gameboy

titles would fit...

To replace the GameCube/Link cable I imagine they would use the wireless

capability of the DS and Wii to allow one to play downloaded handheld

titles in RAM in the Wii.

Pure speculation, but doesn't it seem possible?

given that there are still "secrets" we dont know about the console (let alone a price or release date....) id say the possibility is there...

but honestly, i think something like that would have been released to the public by now. Its not something they want to keep in wraps because they are affraid sony will copy it, so i see no reason why they would hide it if it were in fact to be coming out. And considering they named the genesis and tg16, i would think they would release the nintendo console/handhelds FIRST to the public.. not other companies, then thier own handhelds last...

It'd be cool if they included a DS cartridge slot somewhere... :cool:

How would they deal with the touchscreen issues? The splitscreen is easy enough to do on a TV, but the touchscreen just isn't very practical for console use. An add-on that somehow attaches to the TV wouldn't be practical because TV screens vary so wildly in size.

Here is one thing that has been bothering me ever since I first heard of the Virtual Console with in Wii. Will the roms you find all over the net work with Wii?

I was wondering the same thing!

From what I've gathered, the roms you download from the VC will run on the wii via emulation. If this were to indeed be the truth, this machine would be an emulation god-send. I heard they were working on encryption to make sure that a) you can't transfer the roms from the wii to the computer or b) you can't transfer games from your computer to you wii.

However, I am very confident that someone will hack this within a month.

PS: It just hit me: wouldn't it be funny if people started calling the 'V'irtural 'C'onsole "charlie"? :ponder: :P

How would they deal with the touchscreen issues? The splitscreen is easy enough to do on a TV, but the touchscreen just isn't very practical for console use.

The Wii-mote, silly. Just aim your Wii-mote using the on-screen aimer (probably a spark of some sort), and click the trigger. :)

Not that I really think the Wii will be running DS games. :ponder:

How would they deal with the touchscreen issues? The splitscreen is easy enough to do on a TV, but the touchscreen just isn't very practical for console use.

The Wii-mote, silly. Just aim your Wii-mote using the on-screen aimer (probably a spark of some sort), and click the trigger. :)

I kind of pondered the remote and if they do it, I'm sure you're right. I just don't think it will be the same "feel" though. I think the remote would render some of the DS games unplayable when compared to the touchscreen. Who knows, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Could you imagine playing Metroid Prime hunters that way?! It'd get a little ridiculous. I say no.

It would be nice if they had a game boy player built in...alas. I dream.

Could you imagine playing Metroid Prime hunters that way?! It'd get a little ridiculous. I say no.

It would be nice if they had a game boy player built in...alas. I dream.

can you imagine playing animal crossing like that??? "Now, when trying to make a new fabric design, aim the wii mote to that specific pixel you would like to color in.. no... the other one.. no.. the one right next to that....... screw this"

GBA games are still sold in stores today, so there's just no way they will be offered on the Virtual Console. Not until several years anyway.

As for GB/GBC games, I think they should just stick to favorites from Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, and a few others: Super Mario Land 1/2/3, Metroid 2, Mega Man 1 to 5, Bionic Commando, Donkey Kong Land 1/2, Castlevania 1/2/Legends, Operation C, Gargoyle's Quest, Final Fantasy Legend 1/2/3, Legend of Zelda (Awakening/Oracles), Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/etc., and the list goes on. There are plenty of top-grade GB and GBC titles that are worth downloading on the Virtual Console, as it's easier than buying the carts in pawn shops, flea markets or eBay. There's also the added bonus of not having to worry about savegame batteries going dead.

Offering at least SOME GB/GBC games on the VC would be a good move for Nintendo.

Edited by Pixelboy