IGNORED

Anyone Dumped the FB1 to a NES file?

Surely you meant 'Would be kinda cool to make a totally unlike ATARI games horribly shitty NES multicart' :ponder:

:P

Exactly. But of all the cannon fodder from the FB1 food fight was done OK as well as a couple of the 2600 titles. Food Fight on an NES cart would be quite funny to see (and play).

Personally, I'm still waiting to see if anyone figures out how to get an NES cartridge slot wired into the FB1; based on Curt's last post on the subject, getting the information from the original designers appears unlikely. :sad:

The FB1 was a nice first attempt, but I gave it to my friend's kids when the FB2 came out.

The FB2 did so many things right. The games were better, controllers are compatible with older controllers, and Warlords with a paddle! But not to mention the forethought to make the cartridge port hack possible.

In other words, why on Earth would you want to mess with the FB1 when the FB2 is sooooo much better?

Personally, I'm still waiting to see if anyone figures out how to get an NES cartridge slot wired into the FB1; based on Curt's last post on the subject, getting the information from the original designers appears unlikely. :sad:

The FB1 was a nice first attempt, but I gave it to my friend's kids when the FB2 came out.

The FB2 did so many things right. The games were better, controllers are compatible with older controllers, and Warlords with a paddle! But not to mention the forethought to make the cartridge port hack possible.

In other words, why on Earth would you want to mess with the FB1 when the FB2 is sooooo much better?

Because we want a Atari NES cart ;)

Because you can?

I mean, there would be at least some fun novelty in claiming that Food Fight, Battlezone and Crystal Castles were in fact ported to the NES, and then popping in a cartridge to prove it.

You're right about the FB2 being better, of course. I just want to put an NES cartridge slot in the FB1 so I can at least get some use out of the machine again. It's a nice little Famiclone implementation and would be a handy thing to have for playing NES games; its biggest problem now is that it's saddled with some really crummy software.

As for the FB1 games and putting them on an NES cart ... I suppose it's possible, but as you say, why bother when you can play the FB2 (or even get copies of the originals)? Even if someone did manage to make a FB1 cart, I would have no use for it.

Edited by jaybird3rd

As for the FB1 games and putting them on an NES cart ... I suppose it's possible, but as you say, why bother when you can play the FB2 (or even get copies of the originals)? Even if someone did manage to make a FB1 cart, I would have no use for it.

Yeah yeah everyone here knows the FB2 is better, and everyone here can all can play the originals. That's not the point.

The point is the FB1 has NES hardware adaptions of 2600 games, and if it can be dumped that'd be nifty. :P Personally I think it'd be great to pop in a FB1 rom into an NES emulator and play NES software trying to pretend it's a 2600 :D If it can be done, let it be done. :cool:

Edited by NE146

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone here has or knows of the FB1 getting dumped? Would be kinda cool to make an ATARI games NES multicart.

Shawn

Man I was hoping that some one ported the Flashback games from the unit to a NES cart soo much that I made this label art. :cool:

You should instead make a lable for a Tengen like NES cart. ;)

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone here has or knows of the FB1 getting dumped? Would be kinda cool to make an ATARI games NES multicart.

Shawn

Man I was hoping that some one ported the Flashback games from the unit to a NES cart soo much that I made this label art. :cool:

You should instead make a lable for a Tengen like NES cart. ;)

If you fine me a Serpentine Sans ICG Bold font for the title test then Ill dot the label art for Tengen :cool: