IGNORED

PacManPlus' Blog - Ok guys, don't laugh... (my album cover)...

RSS Bot

OK.

So, following the advice from someone on this board (I think it was Mindfield), I joined up with CDBaby. For anyone who doesn't know, CDBaby is an independant distributor of music. They are not a publisher, literally all they do is distribute music, electronically (iTunes, Napster, etc.) and physical media. I've been working on finishing my songs over the past few months, and I finally have an album's worth of material. I actually have about two more albums worth of unfinished songs, so I have a bit of a head start in case a miracle happens and this album sells.

The only thing with them, is that you have to do everything. From the creating of the song to designing the album covers to producing the cd's themselves. I actually had fun with the design of the album.

Anyway the copyright was re-sent out, so the album should be out within a week or two. I had a very difficult time categorizing it. I like 90% of the styles of music that are / were out and that reflects in the songs that I write. E.g. on this album I have Blues / Rock, Latin, Funk / Dance, 50's, Country, Slow Ballads, and Classic Rock. I actually have a Boogie Woogie, and an 80's Dance tune I haven't used yet. :-/

So, here is my album cover. That blue backdrop is actually the top sheet from my bed, and the picture on the back cover is of my steps coming up from my basement/studio. :)

ok - you can make fun of me now :P

Bob

blog-1787-1155781111_thumb.jpg blog-1787-1155781121_thumb.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1857