IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 17: Reindeer Rescue

Ze_ro

And Nathan, it is possible to get both reindeer *and* the sled piece on the 2nd level without dying, right?

If you mean the black piece flying in the air below the bird, then it is possible.

Thanks. How? Every time I try I run out of energy before I get to the last reindeer. I even tried looping the level (skipping one reindeer and getting the speed up arrows) and still ran out of energy. Is there a specific path you have to take? (You'd think I'd know this...)

And Nathan, it is possible to get both reindeer *and* the sled piece on the 2nd level without dying, right?

If you mean the black piece flying in the air below the bird, then it is possible.

Thanks. How? Every time I try I run out of energy before I get to the last reindeer. I even tried looping the level (skipping one reindeer and getting the speed up arrows) and still ran out of energy. Is there a specific path you have to take? (You'd think I'd know this...)

:lol: Don't feel bad, only a couple people on the Red Octane team can pass bark at the moon on expert for Guitar Hero.

I just tried to optimize looping the levels and optimize points that way.

You can loop the 1st level twice, then you will run out of energy. >5000 points are possible here.

You maybe could loop the 2nd level forever, if you would be able to avoid the 2nd rendeer before the hat. But then you have to avoid the accelerator during the 2nd loop and you will run out of energy then.

It seems that you might be able to loop the 3rd level more than two times and even pick up the hat more than once. I once managed to pick up a 2nd hat in one life, but the game didn't (intentionall?) count it.

I still die very fast in level 4. :(

BTW: 76,000 :)

post-45-1156366623_thumb.jpg

I just tried to optimize looping the levels and optimize points that way.

You can loop the 1st level twice, then you will run out of energy. >5000 points are possible here.

You maybe could loop the 2nd level forever, if you would be able to avoid the 2nd rendeer before the hat. But then you have to avoid the accelerator during the 2nd loop and you will run out of energy then.

It is possible to avoid that 2nd reindeer, if you jump at just the right time you can jump underneath him. And I would think that to loop the level forever you would *need* to pick up the accelerator (at least) two times, to max out the speed, so you don't run out of energy.

It seems that you might be able to loop the 3rd level more than two times and even pick up the hat more than once. I once managed to pick up a 2nd hat in one life, but the game didn't (intentionall?) count it.

Yes, intentional. ;) Should still get some points, though.

I still die very fast in level 4. :(

Level 4 is pretty hard but IMO it is the coolest level, both to watch and to play - I like the lightning :) and once you get the hang of it the sense of speed is pretty cool.