9 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the best variety of classic gaming scores

• Todd Rogers
    • Tom Votava
    • Rudy J. Ferretti
    • David Yancy
    • Tom Duncan

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm not fond of Twin Galaxies myself. Ever since they had a big chunk of fake scores for F-Zero on the SNES with their huge scrutiny they do I lost alot of respect for them. They did eventually get removed, but with all the stuff you have to do to prove the scores they never should have been there in the first place.

Ok I understand, and I completly respect your opinion's

But I gaurentee to you my scores and Tom votava, and Todd Rogers, and David Yancy's are all legit.

Any time you want to see a run, just let me know.

I do agree there is alot of cheating too, but as a pro gamer you need to understand that will catch up with all of them one day.

Thank's for all you feedback guy's.

PS. I only submit console scores.

Doesn't Twin Galaxies allow MAME to be used in place of gameplay on an actual console? I don't have any respect for that.

Why not?

As long as it's noted as such, AND TG ensures the right MAME version is used, (wolfmame preferably which enforces a pretty

hack & cheat resistant, pause disabled arcade recording) AND the right TG settings are used, mame should be registered for WR, next to the actual Arcade scores IMO. Some some of the worlds best players play on MAME and play game which would otherwise never get a balanced

WR score since there just aren't actual arcade machines eft to be played on. Two good reasons why MAME score should be recorded on TG.

Doesn't Twin Galaxies allow MAME to be used in place of gameplay on an actual console? I don't have any respect for that.

Why not?

As long as it's noted as such, AND TG ensures the right MAME version is used, (wolfmame preferably which enforces a pretty

hack & cheat resistant, pause disabled arcade recording) AND the right TG settings are used, mame should be registered for WR, next to the actual Arcade scores IMO. Some some of the worlds best players play on MAME and play game which would otherwise never get a balanced

WR score since there just aren't actual arcade machines eft to be played on. Two good reasons why MAME score should be recorded on TG.

I don't care if you think it's legitimate or not, I still don't respect it because there are a ton of games listed at TG that are readily available for play in which the high scores are listed as MAME :roll: If there's not any respect for authenticity of gameplay, then I can't respect the site.

What TG should do is make a TGMAME.com offshoot site, and point out that this is their website dedicated to fake gamers and the scores are fake.

noteriety => notoriety. You're welcome! Oklahoma is OK!

Apathy... overwhelming...

Agreed. I wonder why anyone cares about TG. I know several people on this board hold records in a variety of games, but I never really understood what the big deal was...I play games for fun, not for some kind of noteriety.

Agreed. I wonder why anyone cares about TG. I know several people on this board hold records in a variety of games, but I never really understood what the big deal was...I play games for fun, not for some kind of noteriety.

Its a fun challenge to go after the scores on TG. For example, going after The 5th ghost's quadrun score or Todd Rogers' maxed out Crackpots score.

I have a few scores, but all mine are legit on a 2600 console.

I also think it's fun. I like browsing the site and seeing what people have scored on games I really like. Some of those scores are mind numbing...

Its a fun challenge to go after the scores on TG. For example, going after The 5th ghost's quadrun score or Todd Rogers' maxed out Crackpots score.

I have a few scores, but all mine are legit on a 2600 console.

Edited by ScottHuggins

Oops...misspelled...thanks. :)

what's up with the OK bashing?

Edited by Lord Helmet

Oops...misspelled...thanks. :)

what's up with the OK bashing?

You didn't know your neighbors make fun of you? Everybody has a neighbor state they joke about. When I used to live in Kansas, we made fun of Oklahoma. In Florida, we made fun of Alabama. In Illinois, we made fun of Wisconsin. Here in California... I think everybody makes fun of us.

• 5 months later...

i wonder who would fare better in an Activision tourney.....Todd or Yancey.

both of their respective Activision game scores put mine to shame

although one day, if i ever had enough time, i'd love to max out Pressure Cooker or Seaquest and take a pic of me by the screen with a thumbs up

i wonder who would fare better in an Activision tourney.....Todd or Yancey.

both of their respective Activision game scores put mine to shame

although one day, if i ever had enough time, i'd love to max out Pressure Cooker or Seaquest and take a pic of me by the screen with a thumbs up

David yancy is good very good, but in the end Todd would wipe the floor with him. in my opinion

Edited by rjchamp3