IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - DXing

RSS Bot

Did you know that if you have the right radio in Salem, Oregon; you could listen to a radio station in San Francisco, California? There may be a little more in static than you might think. DXing is the act of listening to radio stations really far away from where you are. I've done it a couple times before, but tonight I got two stations: one from San Francisco (KNBR 680 AM) and Reno NV (KKOH 780 "KOH"). If anyone listens to one of these 2 stations regularly, PM me because I'd like to hear from you. The other two stations I've got were KOMO 1000 AM in Seattle and KFBK in Sacramento. Well, anyway, today is my sister's birthday. That means I get cake. Yummy yummy cake. But back to DXing. This is the perfect hobby for me: It works best at night (and since I have no job, I get to stay up and do it) and I'm interested in stuff (newspapers, radio stations, etc.) that aren't local. When my sister's boyfriend went to Kansas City, I had him get me a Kansas City Star newspaper. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to take a Greyhound to San Francisco and rub Woody's ears. :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1867