IGNORED

OVGE 2006 Lost Items - Commodore Stuff

MegaManFan

Somehow at the end of the day's tally I am short a Commodore Koala Pad and at least five Commodore 64 cartridges (including the Clowns and the Koala cart). I believe I may have left them at either icbrkr, FLack or Trade-N-Game's table. If you guys can check your inventory and see if they accidentally got packed during the clean-up yesterday afternoon I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Cool. I'm just waiting to hear back from Flack, I told him take his time to unpack since we're all tired after a hectic weekend, but since he had the Commodore display I'm leaning towards this all being my fault because I probably stashed it under his table and he thought it was part of what he brought to show. I'm such a dunce! :dunce:

Cool. I'm just waiting to hear back from Flack, I told him take his time to unpack since we're all tired after a hectic weekend, but since he had the Commodore display I'm leaning towards this all being my fault because I probably stashed it under his table and he thought it was part of what he brought to show. I'm such a dunce! :dunce:

I was setup next to Trade-n-Games and checked my stuff, I didn't find it either.

I'm sure it will turn up.

Smitty

Edited by Smitty

I went through all my stuff tonight and it's not with my stuff. Hopefully it'll turn up in Icbrkr's stuff -- otherwise, it's possible it got accidentally thrown away or something.

I don't know if you remember but at the show I mentioned that I have 3 C64 Koala pads. If yours doesn't show up I'd be glad to mail you one of these. I don't have a kart but I do have the software version of the software.

I don't know if you remember but at the show I mentioned that I have 3 C64 Koala pads.

Really? I didn't see one at your table. I guess I just overlooked them or something. If I had realised you had one for sale, I would have picked one up to fool around with on the C64 I won from you.

I don't know if you remember but at the show I mentioned that I have 3 C64 Koala pads.

Really? I didn't see one at your table. I guess I just overlooked them or something. If I had realised you had one for sale, I would have picked one up to fool around with on the C64 I won from you.

I looked through my boxes of carts and didn't come across it at all. However, since Saturday we've moved the last of my mom's stuff into the garage so any other boxes I brought back from the OVGE are now buried until I move in November :/

That's a shame because it seems the most likely they ended up with your stuff - Flack and pacecar were the only other ones in the island and it's not in with any of their stuff, and I'm pretty sure I didn't leave them with Jason over at the Trade N Games table though I appreciate him checking to confirm it. Even though I know you didn't have any Commodore stuff, it may be exactly for that reason it didn't seem out of place to pack some while cleaning up. If the stuff is buried away though it's undoubtedly a moot point.

That's a shame because it seems the most likely they ended up with your stuff - Flack and pacecar were the only other ones in the island and it's not in with any of their stuff, and I'm pretty sure I didn't leave them with Jason over at the Trade N Games table though I appreciate him checking to confirm it. Even though I know you didn't have any Commodore stuff, it may be exactly for that reason it didn't seem out of place to pack some while cleaning up. If the stuff is buried away though it's undoubtedly a moot point.

I managed to get to the boxes in the garage - I'm sorry, but it's not in the other boxes either.

No no, I didn't have any there -- I have three at home. I run across them from time to time for $5-$10 loose (no stylus, no cartridge).

At one point in the afternoon, Icbrkr offered to let me walk around the show a bit while he watched my table. While he was watching my table, I ran into MegaManFan (MMF) over by Max and Dustin's table. MMF said, "hey, look what I got!" (simulated dialog) and showed me the Koala Pad and a few carts. Then I said, "oh, I should have brought mine. I have like 3 of them at home."

That was the only time I saw them. I'm guessing they got put into our island (mine and Icbrkr's, where 98PaceCar and MMF were also hanging out) and probably got mixed into someone else's stuff. It's not really the kind of thing someone would walk off with intentionally; I'm guessing it's just temporarily lost.

Oh, and SteveW: I'm embarassed to say that I didn't get a chance to test that C64 out first before raffling it off (since I forgot my monitor). Let me know if everything works on it. If not, I'll exchange it or the drive for another one (I have a few spares of each).

That was the only time I saw them. I'm guessing they got put into our island (mine and Icbrkr's, where 98PaceCar and MMF were also hanging out) and probably got mixed into someone else's stuff. It's not really the kind of thing someone would walk off with intentionally; I'm guessing it's just temporarily lost.

I'm not even sure if I knew MMF was storing anything underneath the table but it's no probby if he was. There was so much going on, that I couldn't keep track. I'm guessing someone walked off with it accidently. There were more people than MMF and 98PaceCar putting stuff under there - we had the occasional person who bought something large from the table set something under there (a TI99, Sparcstation, some other stuff) as they didn't want to walk around with it. I walked off to look at people's tables and when I came back it was gone so during that time someone picked up the machines at least.

• 4 weeks later...

At one point in the afternoon, Icbrkr offered to let me walk around the show a bit while he watched my table. While he was watching my table, I ran into MegaManFan (MMF) over by Max and Dustin's table. MMF said, "hey, look what I got!" (simulated dialog) and showed me the Koala Pad and a few carts. Then I said, "oh, I should have brought mine. I have like 3 of them at home."

I'd like to hope so but after this long I'm assuming they're more than temporarily lost - they're either just plain gone or because I forgot to pick them up got tossed in the trash. The weird part is I stayed after the show to help with the clean-up of stacking chairs and looking under/around tables for trash, so if they had been left under the island they would have been there, which was kind of why I thought they got packed with somebody's stuff by mistake. I'm not going to dwell on this though - I wish I had the Koala Pad and cart to play with (especially since Flack told me I got a great deal by getting both at once, as the cart's hard to find) but I don't want to let one $16 purchase overshadow a great show that I had a lot of fun at and already look forward to attending next year. If CPUWIZ or Al can lock the thread for me I'll let it go and move on as it scrolls away to nothing. Thanks again to everybody who double checked their stuff and if it turns up in somebody's items before OVGE '07 then who knows? I'd be able to pick them up at next year's show. :D

I honestly don't know about a show for next year or not. I did break even on the show this year...no problem, but it was only because of some extra money that work paid me for the time I was putting in while training in Denver. Had I not had that money, I would have been several hundred in the hole.

What really disappointed me this year, was that while all the vendors and exhibitors did very well (as I understand it...many did twice what they did last year), we had a much lower attendance than I had planned on.

The official count for people this year...will shock you. But it stands at roughly about 280 attendees. That is 100 less than last year...and about 20 to 50 less than the 2004 show?!

However, those who came, stayed nearly all day long which is why the room seemed more full than ever before, and those who came, came with spending in mind. This is the reason why the vendors and exhibitors did so well this year.

All the work that goes into doing these events, of which all other event hosts will tell you...is a TON of work. Makes it seem like more work than fun when you get such low attendance. Fact is...the OVGE doesn't have the financial means to promote on radio, and TV and across magazines. The advertisement it does receive is usually sponsored and not paid for.

Some feel the show needs to expand to a 2 day event. Many believe it is time to open up another room and expand the actual space of the event. I have to disagree since the costs for doing what I do now just barely breaks even. I can't see doubling the costs for more space or adding an extra day will actually pay for itself given the trend of the past 4 events now.

At this point it is simply too early for me to know whether a show for '07 will be possible. As most may or may not have known, I am also in the process of a divorce and money will be virtually non-existent for me once that is a done deal.

However, there is still money in the show savings that if the price of the room doesn't increase...would make it possible to do a show in '07. But again, it would be identical to what we already do and have. Which to me personally...isn't a bad thing at all. I will know more hopefully after Christmas to see if a show in '07 is possible. Timeframes are also a tricky matter. We had August this year and that was good, but I found it to be terribly hot and would like to go back to a June timeframe or possibly even May...

So...I don't know either way if a show for '07 will be possible or not. Just have to wait and see how things go from here.

jesse, I know the feeling Ithink the move to August plus the way gas prices was actually killed any chance for me to VGS next year which is why VGS is takinga year off, so I can do some club work(get a local club meeting in IL for AVC) as well start looking at soemother locations for about the same cost plus allow food to be brought in.