IGNORED

Picked up an awesome HD LCD for my Xbox 360 today

SomeGuyWithDSL

Went to Best Buy today after significant research and picked up the Samsung LNS2352W (samsung.com link). If you're in the market for a sorta' small 23" HD display to go with the Xbox 360 I wholeheartedly recommend this one.

First and foremost, it has a VGA input and the panel's native resolution is 1366x768, PERFECT for the Xbox 360's highest progressive output option. You can get that res using the VGA cable. It also has HDMI, 2 component and 2 composite inputs (1 with S-video).

Second, the screen is excellent and the preset "Game Mode" setting was actually quite helpful ... I couldn't believe it. Game Mode tones down the color, brightness and contrast to a nice realistic level. I'm anal about such things, and it was good enough for me with no further tweaking. Refresh is 8ms, blur is not bad at all.

Third, it is color-coordinated :)

It's on sale on BestBuy.com right now for $807, kinda' midrange price for a 23" LCD HD display but well worth it. They're also running a deal in-store, if you don't have a 360 yet, where you get $300 off the combined purchase of the HD display, 360 Premium, extra wireless controller and Madden 06. Not a bad deal.

Funny that.. We just picked this up.. mounted it only 3 hours ago, mounted the tv, ran a pvc pipe with hdmi, 2x component (one component running to a outlet on the wall near the bottom right for "quick connect".. i.e you plug the 360 in the wall and it goes straight to the tv), one composite, and 2 cat-5's to a back closet, and put up a new power outlet (which we placed in the wrong place at first.. darnit), etc. Was a pain in the ass but the results are nice. Nintendo Gamecube looks good playing on it too :D It complements the older tv nicely as well :lol:

post-31-1156119930_thumb.jpg

post-31-1156120073_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE146

Infocus SP5000 720p LCD projector + ND4 filter. The 360 is meant to be played in 720p.

Yeah I have my HD TV set for 750 also, I really couldn't tell much difference between the two so I just keep it that way. That set-up would be AWESOME for playing Burnout Revenge.

• 1 year later...

Infocus SP5000 720p LCD projector + ND4 filter. The 360 is meant to be played in 720p.

Yeah I have my HD TV set for 750 also, I really couldn't tell much difference between the two so I just keep it that way. That set-up would be AWESOME for playing Burnout Revenge.

Yeah I keep mine @720p,but its capable of 1080i (not p tho).I love the 42 inch gaming goodness!

Funny that.. We just picked this up.. mounted it only 3 hours ago, mounted the tv, ran a pvc pipe with hdmi, 2x component (one component running to a outlet on the wall near the bottom right for "quick connect".. i.e you plug the 360 in the wall and it goes straight to the tv), one composite, and 2 cat-5's to a back closet, and put up a new power outlet (which we placed in the wrong place at first.. darnit), etc. Was a pain in the ass but the results are nice. Nintendo Gamecube looks good playing on it too :D It complements the older tv nicely as well :lol:

Nice living room!!!!!