IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Wanted: Alive

RSS Bot

If anyone has some spare duplicates of Night Driver, Frogger or Football that they want to get rid of, I'll be happy to take them off your hands for you. I'd ask for more rarer things, but these are the only rarity 1s I don't have yet. Was DXing last night and got a radio station from Vancouver BC, CKWX 1130 AM. I had to look up the call letters because they didn't say them on the air. They just kept saying News1130. Canada's weird. I've been to Victoria once, but I don't remember that much because I was a kid. This radio station kept saying it was 20 degrees. I knew they were talking Centigrade, but it would be a bit confusing for someone from Portland tuning in and finding out it was 20 degrees in Vancouver, they'd be like "I know it's cold in Canada, but I didn't know it was that cold!" if they didn't know that Canada uses the metric system. I'd like America to use it, I'd think it'd be kind of cool to be like the rest of the world, but we're stuck using this stupid base 12 type of measurement. It's supposed to be about 32-34 degrees here, that's hot, if you're using centigrade. I'd say Celsius, but I don't think they want us using that term anymore, and centigrade makes more sense, with the centi prefix meaning "ten." Just so you know, 0 degrees Centigrade (Celsius) is 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing). I don't know exactly what the incriments are, but I have this Game Boy game pak that converts metric to English measurements (Infogenius French Translator).

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1870