IGNORED

Ps2 problem

I'm currently having two problesm with my brand new flip top. The first and biggest problem is the drive refuses to come out. It seems to be stuck on the case. I loosened the screws but it didn't budge. My next problem is the reset button doesn't seem to work at all. I had a lot of trouble getting that fucking thing back in the case. And for that reason alone I'm not to keen on re-opening it. Any suggestions?

Edited by sega saturn x

This is for the new smaller PS2??

I can't help you because I hadn't got one...I have been thinking of picking one up for a back-up, and to use as a DVD player on vacations.

Does Sony have a PS2 forum like the Xbox Live forums? The Live forums have one totally dedicated to technical issues. Maybe you could find a solution there if they have one and all else fails?

you really suck at describing stuff. How about this

"I bought the flip top case mod for my old style PS2 so that I can play soem imports. After trying to install it with my chimp-like skills I've encountereed the following problems...

I realize I am incredibly slow witted and it hurts my head when I try to think so could one of you much more intelligent fellows help me out with my predicament?"

If i didn't know what you were asking about, there is no way I could know what it was about.

Edited by jesusc

I had no idea such a thing existed. I haven't really been keeping up with the PS2 as of late. So this is a mod to play imports? I've scoped out import games on other sites, especially for the Dreamcast mainly just to look at the screenshots. I don't speak a foreign language so I'd think importing them would be useless (unless maybe they were straight forward fighting or shooting games.)

Theres this one PS2 import game that I loved to play. It was in a OPM demo disc and the game was called Chain Dive. It was just side scrolling with 3D grapics. You basically grappled around glowing dots while slashing bug like mutants. I always thought buying a pre-chipped PS2 would be better than the flip top case. I was going to buy one, but I can't find Chain Dive anywhere.

but not the Neo Geo prices.

Who would? I recently visited some Neo-Geo forum and the prices are scary :-o !

I play NeoRageX to get my Neo fix.

Anyway I looked at some flip tops for my slimline model and after looking at the PS2 itself, decided against it. There isn't much room to work with on the thing. There are a few people who can install mod chips around where I live. That's probably the way I will eventually do it.

I've waded through japanese strategy RPGs before. Just because they had anime mechs.

I know not one syllable of japanese.

Yes, I really AM that hopeless a nerd.

I know the symbol for fire and the symbol (and pronunciation) for evil...

What does that say about me?

edit: nvm, I just got going on my 'how to learn Japanese' program, ans it is really good. I know know how to say and read all the days of the week. I'll be able to play imprts like crazy once I get goin'

Edited by narutofan