IGNORED

Star Trek arcade question?

Foxsolo2000

Years ago I remember playing a Star Trek game that was different from the one Sega based their 2600 game on. If I remember rightly the game was in black and white and was a first person shooter in which you used a set of cross hairs to blast Klingon ships that came at you. You possessed six photon torpedos which when launched could clear the screen of enemies and I believe that you were on a three minute time limit. Does anyone know the name of this game? ;)

Years ago I remember playing a Star Trek game that was different from the one Sega based their 2600 game on. If I remember rightly the game was in black and white and was a first person shooter in which you used a set of cross hairs to blast Klingon ships that came at you. You possessed six photon torpedos which when launched could clear the screen of enemies and I believe that you were on a three minute time limit. Does anyone know the name of this game? ;)

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=9771

?

Dude, that's the same game. It doesn't come through very well on the 2600 because of the unit's limitations. However, the 5200 version is far more faithful to the arcade. (At least, as I remember it. :P)

BTW, I believe that the black and white version was the Tandy port.

Nope, nevermind. Here is what you're thinking of. I think. But there's a 50% chance I'm wrong. (As it so happens, those are the same odds that it will rain near you sometime soon. Maybe I should become a weatherman? :P)

More info! Apparently it was a hack of Computer Space. Are you sure you're not confusing Star Trek: Strategic Operations and Star Trek: Computer Space hack?

Edited by jbanes

WOW! I have NEVER EVER seen that one before, must've been a knock off of the Computer Space HW... If you want to play a game that literally looks and plays as if its a Star Trek game play Orbit by Atari, it was done by Owen Rubin in 1976 as a follow up to Computer Space, I own the actual unit which essentially looks like the cabinet that Tempest would later use a few years later. Essentially a top down view of a Federation battlecruiser and a Klingon Battlecruiser, try it out on MAME to see what its like...

I am assuming that this Star Trek which as I mention above is most likely a knock off of Computer Space, it probably uses the same TTL design with no CPU, which means its not emulateable, but only simulateable.

Curt

I wouldn't think so, but this one, maybe?

That looks like the cabinet. This was back in 1982 when I played it and I never relialised that it was ten years old even then. I wish there was a screen shot of it. As already stated it was not the Sega 2600 version for it was in black and white and there were no bases to defend. Thanks for the help guys. Just wish someone could conjure up a screen shot of it ;)