IGNORED

List of Falcon owners

jens

Umm, I'm late as usual - but here goes:

Afterburner040 Falcon + 20MHz bus + 50MHz DSP + CFlash <---- my old Atari 'workhorse'

CT60 Falcon + SuperVidel/SVL + CFlash <---- still being ...configured

stock Falcon030 + 14MB + HxC/USB + CFlash <---- lightly repaired, live 'test box' for new code

stock Falcon030 + 4MB <---- seriously repaired (rated 'Steve Austin/Bionic Man' on a scale of 1-10), now lingering in a cupboard

(And yes, I should really do something about the one in the cupboard).

So here is my Falcon.

Stock 4MB Falcon, TOS 4.01, 60MB HD, screenblaster. Only rarity is that is it is one of the first Falcons going to Europe, which was awarded with a stupid videl bug, where on each second-third reboot video shifts picture by 32 pixels left or right, which can only solved by rebooting again until it is fixed :(

Anyway: TOS 4.04, new fan, new clock chip, 68882 are lying on the desk, CF card is working (but my external HD is not moved to it yet), and the 14MB maybe is on the horizon :)

Edited by jotari
  • Like 1

New to the Falcon but I have

2 stock falcons both with 14mb ram

1 with 52 mb hardrive the second with 520 mb

Both working well now but did have a lot of trouble with the second machine which was cheap off the bay but needed a fair bit of work.

It also came with an load of sampling hardware and software.

Still feeling my way with them.

As for the hard drive you can partition it with Cecile if you put it on a floppy:

I just got around to trying out Cecile and it worked like a charm. There were a few hiccups (Learning) and since everything was in French it took a little translating (Thanks Google!) but in the end I have many 511 partitions. I could have main them bigger but then you have huge clusters.

I also found all of the parts I need for my clock replacement, which will be the next project. I sure wish I had all of the equipment I had access to when I was a bench tech in the 90's but I'm sure I can desolder everything without lifting traces.

I finally got around to having a friend replace my Falcon's real time clock yesterday. Before I put everything back together, I took the time to clean the board and installed a new keyboard.

I also replaced the 170mb hard drive that was installed with a 500mb drive I had lying about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...